Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
A no casualty run presents a good enough challenge as it is, especially before dwarven lands since you still don't have Lina's Chargers for endless mana.

It might be possible to have no casualties without Resurrection, but that means avoiding tough battles altogether, killing your XP and lowering your score.

And then you still have to face some unavoidable tough battles like freeing the dwarf king's son, which I'm not even sure is possible to do without resurrect.

Shamans might not be an available choice since I didn't even attempt to take on the orc embassy even with resurrect; I might be wrong here... please correct me if it is possible to take the orc embassy without casualties on the first trip to Islands of Freedom.

har har i have killed the dwarfs son guards WITHOUT ressurrection! without gift!

i used

demonesses and necromancers inqi's evil beholder and shamans

it was QUITE EASY!!!!

i'm a mage no losses
got chaos on level 3 destroyer on level 3

first turn i use ice snake on red dragons(killing them all

then i use the necromancers to RAISE dead from the red dragons

and well..
all centering on the bone dragon will i kill the rest quite easy har har!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Approved Member

I haven't played mage so I'm not on the up-and-up with mage tactics.

Interesting application of double-cast; kill the enemy and necro the dead on turn one. Nice!
Old 09-22-2009, 03:41 AM
Approved Member

http://img132.imageshack.us/i/dwarfcastle.jpg/

Warrior on impossible.
Dwarf king's son castle

Tactic used : Invisibility lvl 1 on Ancient Vampire and Cloud of poison on enemy.
Combat ended in turn 31 with no losses.

Sometimes you get lucky with enemy's army composition,like in this case.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:25 AM
Approved Member

On my initial flawed run-through I only saw Invisibility at Ellinia, so no luck there.

And while I could do a short trip to Demonis to pick up Lightning/Fire Rain/Ice Snake/Armaggedon I'm not a double-casting mage.

So it looks like the old tedious route for me, Inquisitors-Chargers-Resurrect, for my second run-through. I have Necro Call/Book of Evil/Phoenix as available decoys, but I'll try and see if I could do without these as the only summon spell worth its crystals is Phantom IMHO since it automatically scales with your leadership.

Nice screenshot of the enemy composition, but for me those bunch of Demonesses would cause fits for my Invisibility-less army.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Approved Member

anyone got a good idea to kill demons without magic shackles?
Old 09-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
true in that hero battles are a killer for the last hero usage

last hero is only suitable vs heavy melee enemy stacks (which there should be enough in freedom)

try to lure them to a narrow gap
so u can fully use the potentional of last hero

and yes it requires one creature stack or 2-3 something that can be RESSURRECTED by inqi's

let all enemies pile upon that stack and wait until there are few units left and use resu on it

but then again it's easier to do with gif/ resu

last hero is hard to use ^^
Last Hero didn't exactly work out for me. Don't get me wrong, the spell works as per its description, but when I used it on a unit of Swordsmen when fighting zombie Noric's all-zombie team, the zombies all of a sudden left it alone and trudged slowly (but surely) towards my ranged attackers at the back line.

I wonder if it has better application in conjunction with Armageddon... I'll test this when I pluck that spell at Demonis.

Quote:
Well, there's mass Demon Slayer, but what a waste of crystals that would be. It does have the advantage of having twice the duration of Magic Shackles.

Mass Magic Shackles is a better investment of crystals as that spell is applicable to other unit types; but even this spell has limited application/use for me.

Last edited by loreangelicus; 09-25-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Slowing them does wonders. Sure they will run in first round, but after that (depending on your level of Slow) they will move 1 space only.

Also use no retaliation units, and attack them AFTER they have moved. Or, attack them with cloned units (phantom). The best option are units that can attack from one cell apart (demoness, Royal/etc Snakes, Robbers).

They might summon other demons, that's the only thing you have to worry about. The pentagram they conjure will make them tougher, but if they can't reach you...

That said, Mass Magic Shackles does wonders against Bhaal (practically takes his demon units out of the equation, and one mass slow next round will make it sure they are far away while you deal with the dragons and beholders)

Also some Demon slaying artifact will be usefull against them.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Approved Member

it depends on how u place the last hero at noric

if u have make a baatlefield with only 1-2 free slots to move to your units

(like in bridge fights)
i think when he goes up a ramp it should be possible to have only 1-2 open spaces where he can move through

now i u use last hero on it they will kill him(if it has a bigger field then your last hero won't work that properly since the cpu counts on how many shots it can kill someone)

and for killing

demons

i found two strats that could work

one is use necromancers and evil beholders(rest of the unit's don't matter although shamans could be a nice addition for their totems)

during first round use phantom on your necro's and let them cast the ability to let unit's not let their special abilities be used for 2 turns) and then use your units too kill them ASAP(or wait for a low stacked imp of scoffed imp for magic spring and chargers to get mana for resu)

use anga's ruby with dryads (phantom again and use lollaby) and the rest of your army kills the rest
Old 09-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Approved Member

"1) get paladin for resurrect and heal OR take warrior/mage and make sure the death paladin sells resurrect"

Is this even possible?

I have created like 100 games but never got resurrection with mage
Paladins have access for the extra scroll only it seems. (too bad they already have resurrect)
Old 09-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, it's very unlikely you get Resurrect in Darion. My first game, I didn't get it until the Elven islands. In my second, I got it on the Islands of Freedom (the eldest Cook brother sold it).

Generally though, I think you have a chance to get either sacrifice or Resurrect on the Freedom islands. In my first game, pretty much every second Pirate there was selling Sacrifice.