Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Registered Member

Tally-bally-ho! Thats great, wasn't aware they were sorting this! Thanks.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

This is already being addressed in the patch but something odd did happen to me earlier in sim mode. An enemy shot up my engine killing the prop and I literally fell out of the sky. But when I finally hit the ground he got no points. It counted as a crash.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1944 View Post
I argue that yes people do crash on purpose but worst also people that generally have lost control due to my shooting them up should mean I get a kill. i.e. like in the real air war of ww2!!
On a side note, in the real war, if a plane was shot up and smoking but was lost sight of... and the pilot nor anyone else subsequently saw the crash, it didn't count as an "official" kill.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfindre View Post
On a side note, in the real war, if a plane was shot up and smoking but was lost sight of... and the pilot nor anyone else subsequently saw the crash, it didn't count as an "official" kill.
Where have I mentioned the words 'lost sight of'? I am talking about shooting up an aircraft that subsequently I 'saw' smash into the ground with smoke pouring out its engine and holes in the wings from my shots. That counts as an 'official' kill in my book sir.

Last edited by jb1944; 09-15-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
But this is exactly my point. If by my action their controls have been shot up and they crash because of my shots then surely I deserve the kill? instead because I have shot them up they then crash I get no kill and next I see them above me on a head on collision path about to get a point without firing shot. as mentioned above I only play sim or realistic.

I argue that yes people do crash on purpose but worst also people that generally have lost control due to my shooting them up should mean I get a kill. i.e. like in the real air war of ww2!!

In simple terms:

If I so much as shoot one bullet that hits an enemy aircraft that leads to them loosing control and chrashing = I should get a point.
If I so much as shoot up an enemy aircraft to the point its so shot up but the enemy cheats and crashes to get a fresh aircraft = I should get a point
Just an observation, but nowhere in this post do you say you watched them crash into the ground. You ONLY say that every single enemy that has damage inflicted by you should earn you a kill. By that logic, every single person that you've nicked a little would get you a "kill". I was simply sayig that in the "real war", which you brought up, simply blasting another plane didn't automatically get the pilot an "official kill". Thats why I caled it a side note. I was just adding to the conversation in general about the history of aerial warfare.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
But this is exactly my point. If by my action their controls have been shot up....I should get a point
He was just saying you shouldn't necessarily assume (if you were) that every person intentionally crashes because its easy to lose control and crash unintentionally when you get shot up.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtG85 View Post
its easy to lose control and crash unintentionally when you get shot up.
It's actually really easy to stay up after you've been shot to bits if your plane isn't spinning out. Most people can't be bothered and push the nose down slightly.

Best advice is to stick with people you know you can have good games with.