Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo-234 View Post
At least the Enola Gay crew didnt have to see other bombers next to them get obliterated or torn in half.
Very true. I'm sure it's not much fun seeing airmen dieing to your sides and knowing you very well could be next.

Last edited by butterfield; 08-05-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:14 AM
Approved Member

Actually, your wrong about the Enola Gay crew not seeing others be shot down. As a matter of fact, Paul Tibbets Jr. (The man who flew the Enola Gay) first saw combat with the 8th Air Force during 1942, and later in the Italian theatre. Those were some of the worst times for American bomber crews in Europe. Many were shot down, and many didn't come back. Several other Enola Gay crew members also saw combat before being assigned to the Enola Gay.

So saying none of them didn't see others die in combat ins highly insulting in away, because they probably had friends as well die in the skies over Europe or the Pacific, and maybe even on the ground.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
Actually, your wrong about the Enola Gay crew not seeing others be shot down. As a matter of fact, Paul Tibbets Jr. (The man who flew the Enola Gay) first saw combat with the 8th Air Force during 1942, and later in the Italian theatre. Those were some of the worst times for American bomber crews in Europe. Many were shot down, and many didn't come back. Several other Enola Gay crew members also saw combat before being assigned to the Enola Gay.

So saying none of them didn't see others die in combat ins highly insulting in away, because they probably had friends as well die in the skies over Europe or the Pacific, and maybe even on the ground.
well my mistake. I never knew some of them flew in Europe.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Approved Member

Very moving. Now I feel kinda bad about all the He 111s I shot down in the demo!
Old 08-07-2009, 01:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfield View Post
Came across this on youtube awhile back. Makes you really think about what some of the airmen of WW2 went through....
You know the old saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" I guess that would apply here :

Recommended full screen HQ
Thanks for posting this. I was actually trying to look for it the other day.