Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 01-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
least fav: any of the stubby 75mm shermans, they are soooo bad vs tanks...isnt tanks is what your sposed to fight tanks w/?
US Shermans weren´t designed to fight against other tanks, they were designed to act as infantry support. Enemy tanks were supposed to be knocked out by US Tank Destroyers and that´s why a Sherman most oftenly ends up burning when meeting a German tank. The 76mm armed Sherman were much better against enemy tanks but its high explosive shells were much weaker than the 75mm dittos. The best thing with the Sherman were that they were easy to drive, maintain and produce in large quantities.

~Zeke.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneback View Post
My favorite, however, is the KV-2. I would give it atleast a above average for its speed and reload speed. My least favorite tank is the T-34. It is too slow in everything.
The more I play this game the more and more I am finding out the T34/76 is quite a sad little tin can. Its gun is low velocity so its penetration is garb, its armor actually isnt that good....its worse then a sherman, guess that slope is what saved it, but probably not much. In game I have had 3 on 2 odds vs the PzrIII and I lose 2 tanks. THen the PzrIV just comes around the corner w/ its nice little 75mm and blows it away in 1 shot. The KV85 or T34/85 is soooo much better. Even the T34/57 is better for gun power...the 57 is like 20 points higher or so in penetration.

now ill let the thread get back on topic......