Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite View Post
Have you *seen* HAWX? I don't want this turned into another Blazing Angels type game that compromises everything to be "accessible to the most players".
Ubisoft has managed to kill just about all of the great games they used to put out and bastardized the Clancy name. IL2...LOMAC...you won't see that from Ubi anymore IMO.

The thing is, if you want more mature and realistic games these days...and this is for console AND pc mind you...you have look to the smaller publishers and developers. The big guys just make clones of each other aimed at attention deficit kiddies. No thanks.

If publishers like 505 are willing to step up and fill the gap for getting these games out there, they're taking advantage of a market that's been walked away from by the big guys. More power to them, and a big "thank you" from me.
[/rant]

Don't get me wrong I agree with you. Yes I have seen Hawx and I own it, it is the only game for ps3 besides blazing angels, which sucked. Ubi made hawx but ubi also published the first IL2. Just because they publish the game doesn't mean they make it. The only reason I brought up the name is because they do know how to publish games and if this game were published by a bigger name the website would have been up by now. Look at heroes over europe. I don't think that game will hold a candle to BOP but it's website has been up for a while now. Which is supposedly being developed by Atari. But now that is not final. I'm just saying the smaller company makes kiddie games and they might not know how to market this game in the best ways. Possible release date of July and it's almost May come on!

Last edited by trk29; 04-22-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

A website just doesn't do much for me. I've rarely seen one that actually gave good info other than recaps from articles released to the usual game reporting sites and magazines. They don't usually "break news" that way.

Hereos Over Europe might have a website, but the game is cancelled as of a couple of months ago (not a big loss though). I'd rather have a great game like IL2 and no website at all if the game actually gets put out there. With a cockpit view at that.

The pestering over this website subject seems to have either driven Anton off, or resulted in someone telling him he needs to stop giving info on this forum. At one point he was going to try to answer questions in the forum interview thread, but only requested that we don't flood him with questions. Well, he got flooded...about a website he has nothing to do with...and now we don't seem to have that contact anymore. He's been here, read this thread, but can't or won't contribute. With any luck that will change, but if he's just going to get pestered about something that really doesn't mean much, then why should he bother?
Old 04-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Approved Member

Smile

Quote:
A website just doesn't do much for me. I've rarely seen one that actually gave good info other than recaps from articles released to the usual game reporting sites and magazines. They don't usually "break news" that way.

Hereos Over Europe might have a website, but the game is cancelled as of a couple of months ago (not a big loss though). I'd rather have a great game like IL2 and no website at all if the game actually gets put out there. With a cockpit view at that.

The pestering over this website subject seems to have either driven Anton off, or resulted in someone telling him he needs to stop giving info on this forum. At one point he was going to try to answer questions in the forum interview thread, but only requested that we don't flood him with questions. Well, he got flooded...about a website he has nothing to do with...and now we don't seem to have that contact anymore. He's been here, read this thread, but can't or won't contribute. With any luck that will change, but if he's just going to get pestered about something that really doesn't mean much, then why should he bother?
I agree with you 100% Everybody lets drop the issue of the website, they will tell us when they are ready. Agreed?
Old 04-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

I know, but it will have new trailors and stuff to keep us on our feet and help fill the gap slightly. I really wanna see it just to see some take-offs, shootdowns, bombing, etc. in the trailors hopefully.

But it is literally TOO QUIET here! We need some new topics to discuss and things to talk about.
In this forum, there is probably one thread per week.....That's kinda sad.
At least release a trailor to keep us happy like you did with the new screens on IGN at least?

Last edited by xNikex; 04-22-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

Heroes Over Europe has NOT been cancelled, only Atari has been informing retailers it has.
Proof: http://www.heroesofthepacific.com/fo...pic.php?t=1635

Also I warned a member of this forum called 'guiltyspark' to stop pestering Anton a week ago or so, and he blatantly ignored it and posted more 'waaaah where's the website?' posts, and straight after that never heard from Anton again. This is the thread that scared him off. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...?t=7011&page=2

Way to bite the hand that feeds.

Last edited by Buggins; 04-23-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

That's good news about HOE. Maybe they'll take that extra time to provide a proper view! LOL
HOtP had it, this one should too.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
That's good news about HOE. Maybe they'll take that extra time to provide a proper view! LOL
HOtP had it, this one should too.
Maybe Il2BoP scared them.

But seriously, I hope Anton's absence is because he is busy. He has really givin us a lot of feedback and is a really awesome guy for doing so.

Really want some news though...
Old 04-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Heroes Over Europe has NOT been cancelled, only Atari has been informing retailers it has.
Proof: http://www.heroesofthepacific.com/fo...pic.php?t=1635

Also I warned a member of this forum called 'guiltyspark' to stop pestering Anton a week ago or so, and he blatantly ignored it and posted more 'waaaah where's the website?' posts, and straight after that never heard from Anton again. This is the thread that scared him off. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...?t=7011&page=2

Way to bite the hand that feeds.

Firstly, i don't think we need forum police around here. Why is it that every forum develops a person like this?

Secondly, you've got it the wrong way around. We are the customer/consumer here. We are not the mouth being fed, we are the hand doing the feeding. Anton's posts are not a privilage to us, they are a sales pitch.

Last edited by Tomo; 04-23-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Firstly, i don't think we need forum police around here. Why is it that every forum develops a person like this?

Secondly, you've got it the wrong way around. We are the customer/consumer here. We are not the mouth being fed, we are the hand doing the feeding. Anton's posts are not a privilage to us, they are a sales pitch.
Well Im sure we're all going to buy this game anyway so I wouldn't call it a sales pitch...

He's telling us what we wanna know and doing his best to get permission to so I'm sure.

And BTW, calm down.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
Well Im sure we're all going to buy this game anyway so I wouldn't call it a sales pitch...

He's telling us what we wanna know and doing his best to get permission to so I'm sure.

And BTW, calm down.
i will buy this game if there is media beforehand that proves its quality

Not any disrespect to gaijen , but xblades was terrible