Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Old 06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namel View Post
Griffin's banner gives -30% leadership cost of griffins.
Grand druid staff gives +4 int +50% attack to animals. And griffins count as animal.

My warrior currently uses banner and two grand druid staves. Then I cast phantom on that stack and send phantom to enemy. I end up with high damage, high hp stack of phantom griffins that have infinite retaliation.
Damn, what a great idea. I'll have to try this.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Approved Member

I have played game 3 times and never found that griffin banner
Old 06-18-2009, 06:52 AM
Approved Member

That's "the" one thing I hate about this game..it's complete garbage. I actually have 2, yes, 2 of those banners now. Well, one I sold.

When I pick a mage I get Warrior items like pain skull and all the cool swords and when I pick a Warrior I get stuff like the necklace to augment fire spells by 30% and all the mage staves. There's nothing like completing a major quest with a Warrior only to find great rewards like..Armaggedon spell when you have 4 Int. that's actually what I needed right there.

I've gotten the Elven Bow in ONE freaking game, the first time thru and I actually found 2 of them, since then..not one Elven Bow. BS!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKingsBounty92 View Post
That's "the" one thing I hate about this game..it's complete garbage. I actually have 2, yes, 2 of those banners now. Well, one I sold.

When I pick a mage I get Warrior items like pain skull and all the cool swords and when I pick a Warrior I get stuff like the necklace to augment fire spells by 30% and all the mage staves. There's nothing like completing a major quest with a Warrior only to find great rewards like..Armaggedon spell when you have 4 Int. that's actually what I needed right there.

I've gotten the Elven Bow in ONE freaking game, the first time thru and I actually found 2 of them, since then..not one Elven Bow. BS!
One tactic I used when I start a new game is quick save and immediately leave the dungeon to see what artifacts are for sale outside. If they are a crappy fit for my class I start over. If all is good, quick load. It doesn't help for anything but the first castle, but you can be sure there are at least a few good items out there.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Approved Member

Yes but that's only a minor part of the game. I cannot fully disagree OGKingsBounty92 about the random. But you need see this random in a different way, you adapt to what's available in the game.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:10 AM
Registered Member

still it would be usefull if there was a connection between the items you got and the class you played.

It is ALWAYS annoying when you get a good sword when playing a mage or a spell item when you are a warrior!!
Old 08-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Swords are good for mage too and mana item can be useful for any class even if not often.