Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

Yea I was pretty excited when they said any system that can run RoF well will run BoS well. I can run RoF quite nicely on my crap system. It's only saving grace is the 9800GT gfx card and that was the difference between playing RoF and watching a slide show on my system. I can't run CloD very well at all on any but the lowest graphics settings so looking forward to playing BoS.

As it is IL2 1946 4.12 is pretty outstanding and I don't see it leaving my system ever. They are going to run a similar DLC system in BoS that they do in RoF. I bought the ICE edition to get a full 9 aircraft when I got into RoF (10 now with the freebie N.17(GBR) that they gave to previous N.17 owners) and I suspect I will do something similar with BoS.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Freddie View Post
I gather you mean a 386 processor.. then this is good and has far reaching marketability. It also means we probably are dealing with developers who are very experience in PC systems which can only mean well for the longevity of the game.

386 is a 32 bit system, and the code can just do a system inspection and choose to run code modules based on this (even switch to 64 bit) - perfect scalability sense.

A smaller, less powerful system will run less intensive code while the latest PC will run a full blown version... all automated in code.
Oh lord...made a small informatics joke and got a full tech answer.LOL

Yes,Rise of Flight runs well on my machine.Probably BoS won't run as beautiful here as on the SSs,but if it runs like RoF,I am more than satisfied.

Last edited by bf-110; 07-31-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Yay! Another whole round of "you porked my fave airplane!" or "The 109 is WAY better than this!" or "No way the MiG's can fly that fast without overheating" or all the other stupid arguments that happen everytime a new WWII air combat sim comes out, especially from 1C.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark892 View Post
Yay! Another whole round of "you porked my fave airplane!" or "The 109 is WAY better than this!" or "No way the MiG's can fly that fast without overheating" or all the other stupid arguments that happen everytime a new WWII air combat sim comes out, especially from 1C.
At least this one won't have any complaints about 50-cals until future expansion packs.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark892 View Post
Happens every time and I'm actively avoiding them now. If I see an actual real issue, I'll report it and then move on and just enjoy the game this time. That's what I keep telling myself