Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Skins and Repaints for BOB COD

Old 05-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

No worries Keith, I can tell you straight off the bat that I will not be able to find a serial number for FT-M as that is my kite in Tangmere Pilots and I wasn't able to find the correct number for it last time I searched. And on a related topic, for those aircraft I am unable to find, would you like me to substitute an authentic serial number which I know was used by 43 squadron but had an unknown squadron letter?

Oh and is there any particular date you have in mind or will any BoB 43 squadron hurricanes be ok?

http://www.tangmerepilots.co.uk/

Last edited by Moggy; 05-28-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
No worries Keith, I can tell you straight off the bat that I will not be able to find a serial number for FT-M as that is my kite in Tangmere Pilots and I wasn't able to find the correct number for it last time I searched. And on a related topic, for those aircraft I am unable to find, would you like me to substitute an authentic serial number which I know was used by 43 squadron but had an unknown squadron letter?

Oh and is there any particular date you have in mind or will any BoB 43 squadron hurricanes be ok?
Hi Moggy
Thanks a million Mate
Really appreciate it.
Any BoB 43 squadron hurricanes will be O.K
Regards
Keith
Old 05-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

Hi Keith, as requested here are the aircraft serial numbers for your 43 squadron Hurricanes. The serial numbers marked FC are totally authentic to that particular aircraft letter and are sourced from Jimmy Beedle's excellent book, The Fighting Cocks; 43 (Fighter) Squadron. The ones marked UNK are unknown to me and I've used an appropriate serial number that I know a 43 squadron Hurricane used during the Battle of Britain. The 3 serial numbers marked RAF are sourced from RAF combat reports and saw the combat which I believe the painting you posted is based on the 16th August 1940. However, the 3 serial numbers are not authentic to the aircraft letter I'm afraid but I thought it'd be nice to include them.

FT-K N2621 RAF P/O. Woods-Scawen
FT-L P3202 RAF P/O. Gray
FT-M P3220 RAF P/O. Lane
FT-N V7206 UNK
FT-O P3781 FC
FT-Q V7366 FC
FT-R L1727 FC
FT-S P3903 UNK
FT-T L1742 UNK
FT-U P3784 FC
FT-X P3466 FC

Hope this helps.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
Hi Keith, as requested here are the aircraft serial numbers for your 43 squadron Hurricanes. The serial numbers marked FC are totally authentic to that particular aircraft letter and are sourced from Jimmy Beedle's excellent book, The Fighting Cocks; 43 (Fighter) Squadron. The ones marked UNK are unknown to me and I've used an appropriate serial number that I know a 43 squadron Hurricane used during the Battle of Britain. The 3 serial numbers marked RAF are sourced from RAF combat reports and saw the combat which I believe the painting you posted is based on the 16th August 1940. However, the 3 serial numbers are not authentic to the aircraft letter I'm afraid but I thought it'd be nice to include them.

FT-K N2621 RAF P/O. Woods-Scawen
FT-L P3202 RAF P/O. Gray
FT-M P3220 RAF P/O. Lane
FT-N V7206 UNK
FT-O P3781 FC
FT-Q V7366 FC
FT-R L1727 FC
FT-S P3903 UNK
FT-T L1742 UNK
FT-U P3784 FC
FT-X P3466 FC

Hope this helps.
WOW!!!!
Thanks buddy I will add these ASAP
Best Regards
Keith
Old 05-31-2013, 08:20 PM
Approved Member

Thanks to Moggy
All Aircraft now have the correct Serial Codes
and a new link has been added
Thanks again Moggy.
Kind Regards
Keith
Old 06-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

It was my pleasure Keith, I enjoy doing things like this. Oh BTW, this is the website I use for the combat reports. Not a lot of squadrons on there but 2 of Tangmere Pilots squadrons (43 & 145) are listed and it's a great resource\read too!

http://www.oldrafrecords.com/

Last edited by Moggy; 06-01-2013 at 01:55 PM.