Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattressi View Post
So CoD is apparently dead now (I guess I'm quite late to the party...) and I've just started to look into it. I was going to buy it (despite some of the things I've heard about it), but then I found out it used Steamworks DRM. Does anyone know if there are any plans to release a DRM-free (or less-DRM-full) version of CoD at some point? If it was released on GoG or even D2D I'd likely pick it up pretty quickly (depending on the price, of course). I just don't see any reason to pay $20 or so for a game which is apparently not that great and uses Steamworks DRM.

Also, while I'm here - how come CoD is no longer supported, yet Il-2 1946 is still being patched more than a decade on? I'm looking forward to the 4.12 patch for it, but I'm confused about why CoD will have no more patches after only 1.11. Different devs? Different publisher? Same everything, but the game sucks so bad that they've dropped it and ran?
Dead? Not at all. More like finally playable! Community is releasing patches that rock. Pick it up now if you have a decent rig

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forum.php
Old 04-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattressi View Post
Uh...it costs $49.99 USD on Steam (I'm in Australia,...)
Is there anywhere else that I can get it cheap?
I just sent you a private message. Maybe also for an Australian a way to get Cliffs of Dover a bit cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
Clod is not dead at all. Its just a huge secret! Its so good we want it all to ourselves! (...) But like I said, we dont want to many people to join our paradise because it will ruin it!
Nicely written!

Last edited by DUI; 04-05-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI View Post
I just sent you a private message. Maybe also for an Australian a way to get Cliffs of Dover a bit cheaper.
Thanks very much for the PM - the prices are definitely better than $50. I'll go buy it now. Thanks again
Old 04-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

To answer the rest of your questions, '46 is still being "officially" worked on, because the support of this title had been outsourced to Team Daidalos, on official subcontractor for the job one might say. The original developers switched to next project (CoD) few years ago, but TD is still in the business and the old deal seems to be working just fine (upcoming patch 4.12 being the best example here).

Sadly, the same did not happen after official CoD support had been dropped last year, so we must rely on private, unofficial support attempts by modding community gathered around ATAG (similar case to submarine enthusiasts and their Silent Hunter franchise). So far so good, the latest community patch solved many of the game's issues and I can only hope that lack of access to source code will not become a "showstopper" for ambitious modders anytime soon.

Cheers.

Last edited by Art-J; 04-05-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Try going over here, much more people there that can help you.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/
LOL! Most CloD "haters/naysayers" are camping there, will lynch him.

Quote:
I just don't see any reason to pay $20 or so for a game which is apparently not that great
If believed that is "not great", better dont buy.
Use this "20$" to buy RoF scarf or planes, "Lions/Eagles" for War Thunder or save to buy Il-2 BoS - "The Redemption".

And, if are only a "offliner", I think that is better dont buy - because CloD IA issues - stay with the great Il-2 1946 content until Il-2 BoS - "The Redemption" arrive.

But, if are a "onliner", look at weekend sales of Gremangaming, Getgamesgo, eventually CloD are sold for U$ 5~10 - maybe chance your opnion about "no so great game".

BTW - In SimHQ are a workaround to use CloD (offline) without Steam.

Sokol1
Old 04-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Try going over here, much more people there that can help you.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/
Jason from 777 has said that they have nothing to do with CLOD. They don't have access to the code base and they don't have the rights to it.

Contacting 1C is the only avenue people should pursue if they want CLOD to be DRM free. But I very much doubt that 1C will do anything.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

50 Dollars!!! Pfffffffff....

Get some one not in Oz to gift you it on steam, then send them the 10 dollars or what ever the exchange rate is via paypal...

Problem solved...
Old 04-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Lemon View Post
Jason from 777 has said that they have nothing to do with CLOD. They don't have access to the code base and they don't have the rights to it.

Contacting 1C is the only avenue people should pursue if they want CLOD to be DRM free. But I very much doubt that 1C will do anything.
There is no one left here that could answer the questions asked by him "plans to release a DRM-free"...he has a better shot over there with their access to the 1C front office

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 04-05-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

B6 is still here. Whether he would answer is another matter. I wouldn't bother going to il2 net for anything to do with CoD, as its a totally different game being developed by a different company.
Go to ATAG, install the TF patch, and enjoy.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
B6 is still here. Whether he would answer is another matter. I wouldn't bother going to il2 net for anything to do with CoD, as its a totally different game being developed by a different company.
Go to ATAG, install the TF patch, and enjoy.

Thats cool...hi Blacksix!!

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5