Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:14 AM
Approved Member

Default Right thread but different question - ring

Is it possible to remove the curse from the ring in the demo or are the keepers in a section of the map you can't reach?

Also is it possible to get 1000 leadership in the demo?(I have 918 and I'm level 5).
Old 09-19-2008, 02:31 AM
Registered Member

No you can't have babies with the zombie chick (at least as a zombie), but you should try it (I won't ruin it for you) because what she says when you try is hilarious. I don't think beating medusa (L10 tournament) is possible on normal difficulty, even if you get really lucky on the items/mobs the shops have. Easy difficulty really doesn't count since on easy she is at half strength, you have 4X as much gold, and your rage builds like twice as fast. That means you are three or four times as powerful on easy difficulty (relative to the mobs).

But I managed to get to L5.5 with the warrior and paladin on normal diff, and 5.0 with the mage (no leadership items in shop, could not reach 1k leadership for the test of will). Besides all of the mobs and quests you can do, you can also get a lot of xp for doing the mage guild's Test of Will, the first (L3) and second (L6) Knight's guild tournaments, and you can do item upgrades. Yea the first baton upgrade (and there are 3 upgrades!) is way impossible in demo. Some games the baton does not show up though so you are lucky if you get it at all. I was able to win upgrade fights on the druid's staff, the Disciple's Staff, and the steel strip (belt). The belt upgrades nicely.

What items/mobs appear in the shops totally can change your game so even at the demo level there is a lot of replayability. I can only imagine how much greater that is in the full version. For instance normally I never take robbers since they are L1 mobs, are very expensive for L1 mobs, and give a negative moral modifier to human mobs. But if you get the chieftain's belt (+5 to robber attack) and also take the dezombified wife (+1 robber speed and initiative) they actually become super units. Since all units are somewhat equalized by leadership caps, having significant bonuses like that can really make some units very powerful. I especially like the robbers for ninja looting the chests on round 1 before the other side can grab them since their greed ability lets you tport to the chest and grab it. Downside is that at 50 coin per, they must be the most expensive L1 unit in the game.

I think about the only thing I haven't tried yet is killing the talking plant, which I assume is a super stupid thing to do normally since you can recruit like 3000 plants there if you complete that quest non-violently. Has anyone killed it to find out what happens?
Old 09-19-2008, 02:36 AM
Registered Member

Jake, yea you don't have to go anywhere to defeat the keepers of the ring, they are in the ring A nice feature that I don't think I have ever seen in a computer game. Just right click the ring then click on "Suppress". Which is also what you have to do if you are wearing an aligned item (with a morale level) that gets upset with you. You do the same thing with items that can be upgraded. You know, the items that have one or more additional names shaded below the item name at the bottom. For those right click and then left click "Upgrade". Save your game first though since these are generally the hardest fights in the demo. The suppress fight looks easy at first but the 4 or so red imp towers can fireball you mercilessly so drop them asap.

As far as leadership numbers, it depends on three things: Your class, the items you find/buy, and how many levels of Glory you bought. Glory on the mind list is an awesome ability (especially early on) but eats a lot of runes. It gives +100/+250/+500 Leadership (for levels 1/2/3 respectively). The baton, if you are lucky enough to find it, gives 250 leadership. The upgradable armor items seem to give leadership if you upgrade them successfully. I would think that if you tried to max Glory and you had some luck on items you could hit 2000 with a Warrior or Paladin, and 1000 with a Mage in the demo.

Last edited by Sarcerok; 09-19-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:05 AM
Approved Member

Thanks!! Will try it now - and end this post after I try it Also I managed to reach 1000 leadership !!!!

Ok that seems to be about all I can do in the demo (I was a paladin but did the mage test and level 3/level 6 paladin tests). Well this was a lot more enjoyable than the HOMM-5 demo and seems like it will be a fun game. Combat is not quite as rich as age of wonders/shadow magic but the quest system is more interesting.

Oh and I was able to marry the zombie chick. And we're gonna have a kid

One other comment would be nice if you could zoom a bit out and if you could get a list of key board commands

Last edited by jake21; 09-19-2008 at 03:09 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcerok View Post
I think about the only thing I haven't tried yet is killing the talking plant, which I assume is a super stupid thing to do normally since you can recruit like 3000 plants there if you complete that quest non-violently. Has anyone killed it to find out what happens?
I killed it in my Sorcerer game yesterday. What happens? It dies. That is all.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:14 AM
Approved Member

Oh wow. I made it crash. As a mage I wore the wheel (+2 defense -1 int) and kaboom.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabas View Post
And what bonus does your baby have ? Mine has a very scary +10 rage- cause apparently little (zombie?) babies are that full of rage.
I had a son who took the belt slot and gave me +10% XP, and a daughter who took the armor slot and gave me +10% mana.
If I found a better armor part for my wife, is it possible to replace the baby with it? :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcerok View Post
I don't think beating medusa (L10 tournament) is possible on normal difficulty, even if you get really lucky on the items/mobs the shops have.

[...]

What items/mobs appear in the shops totally can change your game so even at the demo level there is a lot of replayability. I can only imagine how much greater that is in the full version.

I finished the demo in normal mode with the warrior, the paladin and the mage, and I also think it is not possible to kill the level 10 medusa.
I have 1100 leadership with my Warrior, without any point in glory. My character is not well built but of course I was discovering the game and its content.

The random part of the item shops, mobs, and also some bonuses on the map helps a lot for the replayability, but sometimes it's quite frustrating to get random wrong bonuses, for example att or too much def when you play a mage.
If I remove the only item -the staff- that I bought by choice (all the other stuff is found), my stats are 1 att, 3 int and 7 def. :l

About the moral choices to do when questing, It seems that it's often kill/don't kill, and the reward seems to be always better when you don't kill. It would be cool to play a quite evil character that will have access to different but cool rewards/other quests.

jake21 : I had the same problem, and spamm told that the bug is fixed in the last patch released

Last edited by Coin-coin le Canapin; 09-19-2008 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coin-coin le Canapin View Post
If I found a better armor part for my wife, is it possible to replace the baby with it? :/
It is't possible. The baby blocks the slot.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:39 AM
Approved Member

Proof that you always have to think a lot before having babies.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

Well i do hope there will be more interesting moral choices, because as you said, it seems like you get more out of not killing than killing.. But i do think there will be quests for evil characters, i mean there are skills that work towards that.

Otherwise just started up on a game on normal just to try out the idea of upgrading items as i think it might be a little out of my league on hard.

Last edited by Imperial Dane; 09-19-2008 at 11:45 AM.