Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Dane View Post
@Kingimp: That is because the skill system doesn't work like that

Level up grants you stat bonuses in some way, skills are taken through runes, runes which are granted in several ways, either through levelling up, finding them somewhere, and probably rewards as well. Then you purchase the skills you want, takes a bit of getting used to, but overall no problem.
Regarding levelling overall, i do believe that is a matter of balancing to prevent the hero from getting too powerful right away, also you gain more experience if the army is stronger than you than if weaker.. get the scouting skill to keep track of that.
Actually, that was my bad and I just figured this out after playing again. I just happened to put my cursor over one of the abilites and saw you could click it to upgrade.

So, any comments on the quests that can't seem to be finished? I think I'm done as I can't go anywhere else and all my fights are finished, yet there are still 3 quests yet to be completed.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Dane View Post
@pkt: Well according to Nike-it, there won't be starforce protection at all. And seeing as he is a 1C rep, i imagine he knows what he is talking about.
Missed that, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingImp View Post
So, any comments on the quests that can't seem to be finished? I think I'm done as I can't go anywhere else and all my fights are finished, yet there are still 3 quests yet to be completed.
Well, since you're supposed to go to another area to finish those, and they aren't in the demo, those'll be unresolved.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkt-zer0 View Post
Well, since you're supposed to go to another area to finish those, and they aren't in the demo, those'll be unresolved.
It just seems strange that they would even bother putting those quests in the demo if you couldn't complete them. Just leave them out if that was the case.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:06 AM
Approved Member

Looks pretty good, a little slow on my machine.

The demo seems fun enough. Plenty to do.

My biggest disappointment is the lack of simultaneous retaliation. That's what made the original game so hard.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixreborn View Post
My biggest disappointment is the lack of simultaneous retaliation. That's what made the original game so hard.
Ummmmmmmm, the original never had simultaneous retaliation.

The main thing missing from the original is that when you find a chest you dont get to choose if you want the gold or leadership.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Approved Member

I for one had absolutely no downside about the demo. Sure some quests you cant complete, but theres so much you CAN do that it makes up for it and besides, its just a demo. Besides that i thought the graphics were awesome, i loved the special skills that creatures had, like hibernation for bear was funny and the one that turns him into a frenzy. The rage is out of this world awesome, i agree that the swamp's mass attack with the fishes is really good, but i prefer the flaming sword because it looks so awesome Being able to choose how to complete things was nice, such as the case with getting the ring from the robbers wife or with the big red Thorn. Im not completely finished with even my first playthrough but im still reallly hyped up now.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post

The main thing missing from the original is that when you find a chest you dont get to choose if you want the gold or leadership.
I love the demo but I was disappointed by that omission

Is there a reason ?

Last edited by Capitaine NicOol; 09-17-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I see what you mean, but to be fair, everybody ALWAYS chose leadership if they knew what they were doing.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine NicOol View Post
I love the demo but I was disappointed by that omission

Is there a reason ?
It's a question of balance, Hawker is right, that most people will choose leadership. So I don't think it will very interesting to have very strong army at the begining and defeat all enemies just in one turn. During the game you wiil be able to gain enough leadership to play comfortable
Old 09-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

You are wrong. In the original game if you hit with enough damage to kill a stack the stack will die but will also inflict damage on you. In heroes and in this new KB the stack dies without hurting you.

You get a similar choice on leveling up between leadership or stat points. I would like it if chests also gave a choice.