Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 12-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz View Post
I think I might need some help here fellas.

I tried the new tool FlightFX and it worked great...very simple to install and to change settings. The game looked fantastic and as an added bonus I was seeing contacts a hell of a lot clearer (I used the stock quick mission (German attack bridge) as a test and I was seeing enemy flights I had never seen before after hundreds of previous playthroughs).

All was seemingly sweet.

Then I tried to test it out on ATAG and the problems started...as soon as I loaded teamspeak, the game would lock up and eventually I got a launcher crash. Teamspeak itself would work and I could communicate with people but the game wouldn't work.

After a series of tests, it appears FlightFX and TS3 don't want to work together on my system.

1. FlightFX disabled and without TS - ok
2. FlightFX enabled and without TS- ok
3. FlightFX disabled and with TS - ok
4. FlightFX enabled AND with TS - crash!!

Anyone else having similar problems?

I'd love to have the better looking game (especially the visibility improvement) whilst flying online!!

Cheers

Naz
aka II./JG53_Opfer
Naz, SweetFX does not seem to like overlays. If you are having problems with T/S make sure you disable the plug in that displays names on screen as they speak. You'll still be able to use T/S just not the overlay.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoolittleRaider View Post
I've assigned Scroll/Lock key to Turn ON/OFF Shaders, but it does not seem to do anything... I expected that the Sweet FX would be toggled on/off. Any suggestion what I have done wrong? Ohh...If I enable Split Screen(=1) in the FX Settings, I do get split screen (diagonal split), with one side showing dramatically improved/enhanced color intensity which I assume is the result of my FX Setting choice(s).

Also, I have tried three different keys for "Reload Shaders" and none has had any effect whatsoever.

Bottom line: I do not seem to be able to implement/apply Sweet FX settings/options.

P.S. I've never used Sweet FX before.

Any advice?
Hi DoolittleRaider,
Not sure if this is relevant but, I also used the ScrLK key and noted that in some of the readme files of previous versions it states to make sure the FLock key is engaged/disengaged before pressing the ScrLK as it may not work. This happened to me and after pressing the FLock key once, the ScrLK has worked since.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

PS: This program works great for COD. excellent GUI so I don't have to go into the .txt file and mess around with numbers.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoolittleRaider View Post
Can you explain why the split screen option (and all other settings besides "Custom") is not available when one selects an SMAA Preset of, for example, "SMAA PRESET HIGH" or "SMAA PRESET ULTRA"?

Also, what does the "Improve Steam Overlay Compatibility" option do?
Doolittle raider can you email me about your use of this before I install? Tanks!

Old 12-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Approved Member

Rgr that James; will EMail you soon. I finally got most of the GUI working by some experimental 'troubleshooting', trial-and-error fumbling around, and with some advice, specifically over at the RoF forum.

I still have some confusion over certain aspects of the GUI....and, of course, I have very little to NO understanding of the scores of Setting options, so I have spent hours changing and tweaking and experimenting, jumping back and forth....Thank God for being able to ALT-Tab from COD to Desktop/FX GUI.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

For anyone who totally understands FX GUI, please explain, in different words perhaps, what this paragraph from the Readme is saying:
"When using the "Load From" and "Save To" buttons, the active SweetFX preset remains the one that is associated with the current game profile, only its contents may be changed. To change the active preset, use the "FX Preset" drop box from the game profile tab. In this way, you can never edit another preset other than the active one, but you can always save/load to a different preset which can be used later."
Old 12-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

I used it in FSX and RoF with big sucess. Not tested yet in CoD but will install near future.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...weetFX-for-FSX

www.yoyosims.pl

Win 7 64, i7 930@3.76, GA-EX58-UD3R, 8Gb Patriot Viper II, ATI 7970 3Gb, 5 x SSD, res.1920x1080 27'', X-Fi Extreme Music + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, Saitek Combat Pedals, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, Instrumantals Panels, iPad2 for maps [FSX, DCS Ka50, A-10C, TOH:Hinds, RoF, CoD]
Old 12-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthursmedley View Post
Naz, SweetFX does not seem to like overlays. If you are having problems with T/S make sure you disable the plug in that displays names on screen as they speak. You'll still be able to use T/S just not the overlay.
Ahhh, I suspect the TS overlay is indeed the cause. I will test it out when I get home from work.

Thanks for the reply mate, much appreciated.

~S~

cheers
Old 12-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz View Post
Ahhh, I suspect the TS overlay is indeed the cause. I will test it out when I get home from work.

Thanks for the reply mate, much appreciated.

~S~

cheers
Just to confirm...SweetFX (or ANY FXAA/color correction injector) does not play well with overlay types such as FRAPS, TS3 (built in TS3 overlay seems to insta-break injectors, while TSnotifier seems to work well enough...sometimes.) and all variations of MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision, etc.

Running these overlays while utilizing an FXAA injector will either not allow your game to start (until you remove either the overlay or the injector) or simply cause your injector to not load, which the latter happened to me while trying to run FRAPS and SweetFX.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

My settings:

www.yoyosims.pl

Win 7 64, i7 930@3.76, GA-EX58-UD3R, 8Gb Patriot Viper II, ATI 7970 3Gb, 5 x SSD, res.1920x1080 27'', X-Fi Extreme Music + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, Saitek Combat Pedals, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, Instrumantals Panels, iPad2 for maps [FSX, DCS Ka50, A-10C, TOH:Hinds, RoF, CoD]
Old 12-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

Note that I have not read the whole thread.. So if my following question has allready been answered forgive me..

Long story short I have no issues with the CoD colors..

The only thing I am interested in is improving the outline of the planes at distance.. aka Jaggies

Planes look fine up close, but does not take much distance for the next LOD to look very 1992 jaggish

With that said, does any of these settings improve that aspect?

Thanks in advance!