Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 11-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Approved Member

Personally I come here, sometimes several times a day , because it keeps me off the streets and saves me money.

Every now and then I get the erge to buy a high end graphics card, but I waited till the performance patch and I got reasonable frame rates.

Now I will hold off any upgrades till the sequal is released. I've saved thousands comming here over the years!

Also, if you take the time too look, there are some very interesting things being created by a very talented community . It's not that bad a place to be.

Cheers!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Approved Member

I come here about once a week or so out of boredom.

I come here to see the trainwreck aftermath that is CLoD.

I come here to see the fanatics that deny it being a wreck.

I come here to see the funny posts and hopes of folks that have obviously never played a complete simulator and sing praises for this mess.

I come here to see if an offical announcement is either MG is shut down, or a new scheme to try and hoodwink the last of it customer based. Either way I will be entertained.

I come here for enterainment, in the lowest saddest of its kind. At least I am honest.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
I'm 100 percent sure the announcement will be 55 percent positive. 1c has creative control now. I'm expecting things to go in the same direction as Silent Hunter 5.

Don't get me wrong though. There were some things a out SHV that I rather liked.
There is one big difference, Ubisoft canned SH5 right after it was released. The IC Group has continued to throw money into the development for almost two years, hopefully it will end up being worthwhile. I would imagine if Ubisoft had a say in the COD development it would have been shut down soon after release as well. Personally I'm glad IC has continued the development, it hasn't cost me anymore money, and the upside is huge. In the end it will be interesting to see who would have made the right business decision.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 12-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Approved Member

I'm in here probably 5 times a day.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:01 AM
Approved Member

I lurk here still. Oleg did sell the Friday update thing rather well.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Approved Member

Cool Ever hopefull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
Currently I still drop by in the hope of seeing any progress news.

1C/Maddox really are awful at communicating with the community and yet I still drop by (almost daily) crossing my fingers some news has transpired.

I also wait in hope of the "Regular Friday Update", but again these never transpire.

Sadly, I know I will lose interest at an increased pace, the less is learned or shared with the community.

Currently there are the hopes of a sequel, none of which are confirmed and yet a short post on progress would be all it would take to re-invigorate the community.

I honestly feel that the statement "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" is something that is never likely to work here and unless some official news is forth-coming, many will consider rumors that have circulated to maybe be accurate.

I really do think that there should be an official announcement sooner rather than later, to at-least give confidence to faithful or even they will begin considering the possibility that there may not be a future for the series, unless modding takes over?

It's been asked for many times (and ignored) but come on Development team, have the respect for your community and at-least put our minds at ease with an official announcement on the future of the series.

MP
I check every day.
Ever hopefull.
One day.....One day......
Old 12-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

If the convo turns to The Apprentice or X factor then I think We are in BIG trouble
Old 12-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Approved Member

once a week is much enough for me. even once a month would be.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

I tend to pop in most days,i don't even fly the sim,can't be bothered so i don't know why really.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

i discovered that i enjoy chatting with people more than virtualy shooting them down so i play less and less and hang around in forums more and more

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL