Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Approved Member

I think the no-loss concept exist back in the days of the TL. But I didnt care about it until AP with the medal which increase leadership for no loss, and money in AP/CW were very tight, I must minimize loss to save some money for items.

It seems the developer design the game against no-loss. There is plenty of money, enemy heroes spam AOE with secondary effect just to make you take some loss
Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklegionary View Post
money in AP/CW were very tight
Really? How, man? I used to get literally milions of gold on impossible by the end of the game. I don't remember ever struggling with gold.

Quote:
It seems the developer design the game against no-loss.
If that's the case, they sure made a very poor job. Even the spider can be no loss, and he is the hardest fight in the game.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Approved Member

Well I am scrapping the skald he is just waaaay too easy. I think I will try Viking and try to accept "minimal" losses while focusing heavy on attack defense and not much on magic.

I would love too find a way to make some of the ranged units not feel so worthless. I just feel like hunters and archers just dont feel worth it in my army compared to many better melee units.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberiu View Post
Really? How, man? I used to get literally milions of gold on impossible by the end of the game. I don't remember ever struggling with gold.

If that's the case, they sure made a very poor job. Even the spider can be no loss, and he is the hardest fight in the game.
I often finish AP with around 1 - 1,5m, but the time I can fight stack in Verona I have only 100k, not enough to fill my army with Knight and Horseman.

It's obvious that you haven't finish the game. Many Heroes and boss at the end spam AOE like Geyser, Armageddon, Ice Snake, Heat Focus. There are a few of them use Hypnosis.

Last edited by blacklegionary; 11-12-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I often finish AP with around 1 - 1,5m, but the time I cant fight stack in Verona I have only 100k, not enough to fill my army with Knight and Horseman.
And even worse for mage, who need to buy and destroy every piece of equipment just to have enough crystals
Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I often finish AP with around 1 - 1,5m, but the time I can fight stack in Verona I have only 100k, not enough to fill my army with Knight and Horseman.

It's obvious that you haven't finish the game. Many Heroes and boss at the end spam AOE like Geyser, Armageddon, Ice Snake, Heat Focus. There are a few of them use Hypnosis.
so your point being?
u can infinite money on AP if u know how
Old 11-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
so your point being?
u can infinite money on AP if u know how
My point? Well, the OP state that the no-loss community ruin his gaming experience, so I want to explain a bit. First, in AP playing no loss is almost a must to progress at least in early game. This wasn't just for fun or challenging, it's a requirement. And this was when people talking so much about no-loss game. Also running back and forth between island to replenish troops is no fun. So the no-loss concept was somehow forced on us.

It seems the developers read the forum and feel insulted when people show off that they beat Impossible no-loss and in 7 days or so, I don't remember exactly. So they design WOTN so frustrating for anyone to play no-loss, everyone can beat Impossible but go for no-loss is painful. There are also a lot of money so people will forget about it and just play normally. Well, you can even try army of Gray Wolf, Hyena, Thorn and Dragonfly if you want to have some fun.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

@blacklegionary
Quote:
My point? Well, the OP state that the no-loss community ruin his gaming experience, so I want to explain a bit. First, in AP playing no loss is almost a must to progress at least in early game. This wasn't just for fun or challenging, it's a requirement. And this was when people talking so much about no-loss game. Also running back and forth between island to replenish troops is no fun. So the no-loss concept was somehow forced on us.
I must agree here. On start you have no gold for army, no skills/items to help you, no spells or any unit choice, so players are somehow forced to save that little they have (maybe not no-loss, but to struggle to save as much as possible). But after first visit to some shop with strong unit, or good supporting unit choice no-loss come easy and thought of loosing units just come low on list. If there are battle that took to long to revive fallen troops then it might get frustrating, but normally any battle when you know what you`re doing takes less then 5 turns, it`s not much of time waste.

As for developers now in WotN forcing players to lose units, it`s come in achievements that are totally useless ,but look shiny and we all know that today gamers like shiny things (Heartless = lose 10.000 units in game , God of war = defeat Loki in 10 turns hard to do without losses , Archanophobe = defeat spider in less then 15 turns also hard to do with no losses). So now there are some kind of reward for players that lose units. Bad thing is those rewards are totally useless in gameplay.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

It seems the developers read the forum and feel insulted when people show off that they beat Impossible no-loss and in 7 days or so, I don't remember exactly. So they design WOTN so frustrating for anyone to play no-loss, everyone can beat Impossible but go for no-loss is painful. There are also a lot of money so people will forget about it and just play normally. Well, you can even try army of Gray Wolf, Hyena, Thorn and Dragonfly if you want to have some fun.
well it's not frusttratin the no loss thing however most fights are just to plain easy which makes it very boring

the only real threat for no loss is

AHriman
Uladaar
spider boss
the ghoul at cemetary
zalnaor or w/e his name is
and 1 other i forgot about

they are insane fights well i wouldn't mind those
but for the first 3 the lack of unit composition really sucks

and for the latter
those are the only fights that could be hard

rest of the wandering monster is just plain easy

i remember with my skald just being braindead with using the song vs undead
when i fight animals or w/e

they really should spice up the mid/late game and PLEASE BY DEAR GOD give me some WANDERING heroes and not all those heroes that are quest regerated or guest related

they could really spice things up before u can move through somewhere

WHICH i really like from TL:AP

and as for best racial army droids all the way
Old 11-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Approved Member

Have you finish the game?