Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Pegasus_Eagle

Thumbs down

with some coders making stuff that was never in game pop up on your screen.

who knows what else there doing to your game i think atag has gone to far with this server end modding and scripting.

its getting way out of hand this will be the doom of clod scripting like this.

the ATAG adon .dll has this kind of permission

BAD VERRRRY BAD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (36.0 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by Pegasus_Eagle; 10-26-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: to add more info
Old 10-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
what baffles me, and should actually baffle you all, though I never saw anyone opening this topic, is why can't we get future updates on the IL2CoD engine IF the same engine is used into IL2BoM?

as they are developing the engine further on, it would have been simple to release patches for IL2CoD just upgrading the engine (RadioComms, AI, Weather, dots/LODs/visibility, etc)..

why they won't do such a thing?

I can only see two answers, and frankly both of them are deeply upsetting: they either won't use the same engine, or they just don't want to give those patches, as an enforcement to buy BoM. which all of us would have bought anyway..
Just my thoughts... I think that they now start to change the current engine so that it's no longer compatible with the launcher and settings for CloD etc. When they are doing that the maps and planes from CloD will still work, but not the current crappy GUI/Launcher will not.

At some point they need to make a break with the old stuff and move on. That does not mean the core engine is replaced.

/mazex
Old 10-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
what baffles me, and should actually baffle you all, though I never saw anyone opening this topic, is why can't we get future updates on the IL2CoD engine IF the same engine is used into IL2BoM?

as they are developing the engine further on, it would have been simple to release patches for IL2CoD just upgrading the engine (RadioComms, AI, Weather, dots/LODs/visibility, etc)..

why they won't do such a thing?

I can only see two answers, and frankly both of them are deeply upsetting: they either won't use the same engine, or they just don't want to give those patches, as an enforcement to buy BoM. which all of us would have bought anyway..
How many years of programming experience do you have?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

Its still possible they could provide another patch for COD before the release of the Sequel, but I wouldn't hold my breath. There is no conspiracy here, its just a development that really needs another injection of cash as soon as possible, which means ALL efforts MUST be toward the Sequel.

There is no possibility they are building a new game engine, but the engine may have to be adjusted as they finish and add new features to the Sequel. Their jobs and the new series depend on this Sequel being a success.

Most people will probably wait to see trusted reviews before buying their product this time. That is not a problem for the development, whether or not they eventually buy is the problem. The majority will buy if they like what they see, if not the series dies, thru no ones fault but the developers.

That said the prognosis is good. The developers finally have a basicly working sim and another year or two of work should make the sim more of what we expecting with the initial release. Now that the game engine is more stable, Nvidia can finally take the sim into account with their drivers, not to mention the progress in PC's and any upgrades we make in in the future.

They really need to adjust the AI/commands, SpeedTree/collision, Shadow/flicker, Cloud/particles, GUI, and add the map SDK so people can improve the Channel map. They have atleast another year to get alot of that done.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 10-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Approved Member

Luthier had hinted earlier that the sequel would be based on a new engine because the current one was not suitable going forward. There were too many problems with it that they couldn't resolve, therefore the sequels won't be backwards compatible but content from C.o.D would be included in the sequels (as in 1946 etc).

Can't see where the confusion is myself, there have been enough statements and information from Luthier confirming that the sequel will be based on a new engine, that is why C.o.D. development has ceased.

If the new engine is succesful then we may see future expansion become a merge capable series as in Forgotten Battles, AEP, Pacific Fighters etc.

Asus M4N98TD-EVO
AMD Phenom2 965 x 4 3.4gig
8gig DDR3 Ram
2x GTS 450 Sli (1gig each)
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
700w Coolermaster single rail P/S 52a
Windows 7 64bit
19" Samsung 931BW monitor
1280 x 960 Resolution
Old 10-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

Besides people trying to run the release with an inadequate system, or a you tube running at the same time. The game got a bad rap!...I have a earlier edition that I play off line, and I can tell you that it is trouble free. I've said it before but, Steam was much of the early problems with the game. Steam has had many updates to itself since, and that is why my early vershion runs so well, a real sad shame.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 10-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRuski View Post
Luthier had hinted earlier that the sequel would be based on a new engine because the current one was not suitable going forward. There were too many problems with it that they couldn't resolve, therefore the sequels won't be backwards compatible but content from C.o.D would be included in the sequels (as in 1946 etc).

Can't see where the confusion is myself, there have been enough statements and information from Luthier confirming that the sequel will be based on a new engine, that is why C.o.D. development has ceased.

If the new engine is succesful then we may see future expansion become a merge capable series as in Forgotten Battles, AEP, Pacific Fighters etc.
Luthier has never said they would be building a new game engine for the Sequel. There is no chance in H#ll they will be building a new game engine for the Sequel, as it took many years to build the existing one. They barely have time to optimize the existing game engine, fix/add features, and provide content for Sequels release.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 10-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

They would most certainly pull the existing one apart and use what they can. It would be foolhardy to plan the rest of the series around the current engine which still is loaded with unoptimised, incomplete and faulty features.

Btw is DX9 still number one priority?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus_Eagle View Post
with some coders making stuff that was never in game pop up on your screen.

who knows what else there doing to your game i think atag has gone to far with this server end modding and scripting.

its getting way out of hand this will be the doom of clod scripting like this.

the ATAG adon .dll has this kind of permission

BAD VERRRRY BAD
If you don't appreciate the hard work that went into providing us with a detailed damage report then you could always just not fly on the ATAG server.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

Sniper is back to his old self again.