Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 10-28-2012, 05:02 AM
Approved Member

After playing a while I think I can clarify the runes: Every viking unit is a rune bearer (you'll see this in their description). They mostly start with 1 of each rune (Soothsayers have 2 of each). Each turn you can spend one of those runes to get the buff for *that turn.* Then it's used up. After experimenting with this a bit, I believe the bonuses to attack/defense only impact the base stat. So my slingers with 4 base attack are getting +1 attack, not +5 because they have 20 attack when you add in my stats.

•Rune of Attack: creature receives + 20% to base attack and the base chance of critical hit.
•Rune of Defense: creature gets + 20% to base defense and base health.
•Rune of Luck: the creature has a 10% chance of a second turn after it goes.

Runes refresh every time you start a new fight, or when you cast the level one rune magic spell Runic Word, which gives the unit one of each rune. If you know rune magic, all your troops may randomly get more runes (even if they are non-vikings).

Last edited by camelotcrusade; 10-31-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:19 AM
Approved Member

It's hard to believe the Luck rune trigger chance is only 10%. For me it seems to trigger like every other time.

And how does the medal that increases rune effectiveness by 10%/20%/30% affect runes?
Does the highest medal make attack rune give +50% to base attack and give luck rune 40% trigger chance?
Or just +26.666% to base attack and 13% trigger chance.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:10 AM
Approved Member

Good question. I don't have that medal. Once you get to the benefits in question, let us know what happens.

Btw, it could also give +30/40/50% to base attack/crit chance/defense/health. If I had to guess, I would guess that is what happens. As to the other, not sure which it will be.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Approved Member

It's a 1.1/1.2/1.3 multiplier to the effect of the rune. i.e. Attack runes give +22/24/26% damage and crit rate.

It's worth noting that it's very easy to grind this medal every battle. I had the 2nd level before getting off the first island.

It's also worth noting that while the benefit only applies to the base stats of the units, other buffs can work on both. My Berserkers with +1 morale have an 82% crit rate from both Berserk and Attack rune.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

While we are explaining runes, what does it mean when you tell the Valkyrie you want her to take over rune management? I don't get any feedback and I'm not going to pick it without knowing what it does.

Last edited by camelotcrusade; 10-28-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

Default more...

I don't understand how to activate those runes...
Where on the screen is the button\option to select which rune to activate ?
Old 10-30-2012, 08:52 AM
Approved Member

They are right above the spell book/rage of the valkyries.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Approved Member

There seems to be a bug with the Soothsayer (unit) ability that gives +1 runes to all Vikings. Instead, it gives usually +1 for TWO Runes (like, Attack and Defense) but none to the third. So, maybe it means it gives 2 runes, not +1 to all of the three rune types?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
There seems to be a bug with the Soothsayer (unit) ability that gives +1 runes to all Vikings. Instead, it gives usually +1 for TWO Runes (like, Attack and Defense) but none to the third. So, maybe it means it gives 2 runes, not +1 to all of the three rune types?
Are you sure? I tried several times with different saves but Soothsayers always give 1 random rune to each unit.
Please make a screen if possible
Old 10-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
They are right above the spell book/rage of the valkyries.
Thanks! don't know how I missed it...