Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:14 AM
Approved Member

At this point I have doubts 409 final will ever be released.I would be happy enough if 1C just released the dedicated server patch so everyone online can move to 409.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Approved Member

@Jasonbirder

T A S T A A F L
(Quote from some R. Heinlein books(SF-Autor))

There´s ain´t such thing as a free lunch
Old 06-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbirder View Post
I'm as pleased as everyone else about the support and updates both those purchased and those released as game patches that this game has had over the years...
But surely you should replace "free" with..."to ensure customer loyalty and maintain a viable client base ahead of our next commercial project in the absence of an expensive advertising campaign"
1C isn't Santa Claus you know

IL2 History has shown that even when updates are released the whining still goes on and the I want and wheres this list gets longer, thats what makes these threads immaterial IMHO.

And Oleg is Santa btw
Old 06-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
IL2 History has shown that even when updates are released the whining still goes on and the I want and wheres this list gets longer, thats what makes these threads immaterial IMHO.

And Oleg is Santa btw
+1

When 4.09 is released (when, not if), the whining will just go on. "Why was plane x not included, why we havy plane y in the game", "[whatever]modelled wrong / undermodelled / ubermodelled", ...

And then crying for the next patch will start and we are at the same position, just without the chance of having a glimpse of what lies ahead by being able to play a beta. We've all been there before.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

Before a software company can hand out a free update, they need to have a steady income. It just doesn't make sense at this stage to disrupt development of a new sim that will bring income into the company to make finish work that will not.

Do a search on this forum to see all the issues people have found with the 4.09 Beta, then guestimate the man hours neaded to fix these issues and times that by the wage of a professional programmer. Thats how much it'll cost to release this FREE add-on!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

I asked this on the last 4.09 thread and I'll ask again -

Is it possible to have an updated 4.09 beta with the corrected versions of the maps? This should require minimal effort on behalf of the 4.09 team, and will allow mission-builders to utilise the new maps knowing that their work won't be undone when the final 4.09 is released.

I think this is the least the 4.09 team can do to keep most of us happy without distracting them from BoB/Galba. It's very frustrating having the maps available but being inhibited from using them, knowing that certain key features have been changed, and also knowing that the corrected versions are sitting on the shelf when we could have them now.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

Whats so bad about 4.08m?
Old 06-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiola View Post
Whats so bad about 4.08m?
No Slovakia map,no Bessarabia map,poor default skins...etc
Old 06-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

Can you not download some skins that you like?
Old 06-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

And the rest?