Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
Oh, so that's what putting your foot in your mouth looks like.
No not really. If they really were interested in dealing with their customers honestly, they would start a new thread indicating the arrival of another Beta patch, instead of burying the announcement in a week old thread where normally only the most fanboy of fanboys would be reading the same old same old fatuous comments.

And before you lump me in with the so called 'Whiners', here are the facts.

I have been a supporter of 1C Maddox, and in particular the IL-2 series since two years prior to the publication of the original IL-2.

To support the company I bought two copies of every game in the original IL-2 series, and continually posted supportive comments about Oleg and his company.

I also supported CoD to start. I live in Canada, but I didn't wait, I bought three copies of CoD, the original Russian digital release, the digital British release, and finally a boxed copy from a local store.

If you go back and search the posts, you will find at the time of the publication of CoD I posted numerous times, urging people to buy copies of the game, to be supportive, to have confidence in Oleg and his team.

Unfortunately my support has not been justified, this game has been an essential failure, in my opinion, primarily due to poor decisions on the part of the development team.

The latest major decision to abandon CoD in favour of producing a new BoM game is another example of a poor decision. The team could have developed BoB Nightbombing/Malta 1940/41/Greece 1940/41 expansions using the existing planeset, AND fixed the problems with a lot less effort and investment.

The original IL-2 used this kind of slower related development to great success. The first expansion, IL-2 FORGOTTEN BATTLES was not an entirely different theater, it was a continuation of the Eastern Front with additional planes as well as cockpits for existing non-flyables. Customers had no problem with accepting this.

The major issue with CoD, that being the failures to get the engine working properly is the biggest mistake. That decision is the reason people are leaving this game in droves, and the reason it never has even come close to the popularity of the original IL-2. Maybe its not sexy to spend time with the basic code when you could be building new graphics models of aircraft, but the fact is, we will not see a good product until the code is thoroughly examined for issues.

And by the way, I don't have an old slow machine, when the game came out I bought the best computer I could get, ie. 2600k, GTX 580, 12 gig RAM, etc. I have not had the problems some have had, but even so, the issues which remain for all players continue to be obvious.

This series will continue to be a failure unless a fundamental change in thinking by the developers occurs.

Last edited by *Buzzsaw*; 08-03-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Buzzsaw* View Post
they would start a new thread indicating the arrival of another Beta patch
They did do this.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

Enough guys get on with enjoying the new patch.
Closed Thread