Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 07-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
Some people that are getting less with the new patches have updated or reinstalled .net framework and directX and it has solved this problem.

It was macro or JTDawg or someone that found it out.
Here's JTDawg's original post that seems to have helped a lot of people, including myself:

"Hey Guys, Got 2 things worked like a charm, no stutters , no slide show for ati an nvidea users . Win7 USERS , Go into control panel to Programs an Features Go into Microsoft. NET Framework 4 Client Profile. double click on it , An repair it , After repair it will ask restart do it . Then go to C PROGRAM FILES X86 , Then Steam Then Steamapps, Then common . il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover Then redist Then go into DirectX Folder , Scroll down til you see When you see DXSETUP Double click on it , an run it!! For they guys that did this , THE CHEERING SECTION IS OUT, All of ur had the same results. NO SLIDE SHOW NOT A STUTTER. Even with 3 spits an 7 or 8 109s at 1000 feet above the the 3 base close together north of the French point ( our normal slide show, Repeated 3 times , Stayed hard on 60 fps an high 75 my vsync on all setting high an original , For the first time since i bought this game , it was amazing!!! If this helps tell others ( for me an several others who did this ) All i can say is WOW !!"
Old 07-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc_wolf View Post
Someone mentioned switching off vsync in game now with latest patch and let nvidia control panel handle it. I did this and got rid of stutters and sit at avg 94fps with top 160 and still the odd spike to 40 fps.
Ok thats something I have not tried. Looking at your max fps though it would suggest that vsync isn't on at all, this isn't good with trackir because i personally get terrible screentear.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
Here's JTDawg's original post that seems to have helped a lot of people, including myself:

"Hey Guys, Got 2 things worked like a charm, no stutters , no slide show for ati an nvidea users . Win7 USERS , Go into control panel to Programs an Features Go into Microsoft. NET Framework 4 Client Profile. double click on it , An repair it , After repair it will ask restart do it . Then go to C PROGRAM FILES X86 , Then Steam Then Steamapps, Then common . il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover Then redist Then go into DirectX Folder , Scroll down til you see When you see DXSETUP Double click on it , an run it!! For they guys that did this , THE CHEERING SECTION IS OUT, All of ur had the same results. NO SLIDE SHOW NOT A STUTTER. Even with 3 spits an 7 or 8 109s at 1000 feet above the the 3 base close together north of the French point ( our normal slide show, Repeated 3 times , Stayed hard on 60 fps an high 75 my vsync on all setting high an original , For the first time since i bought this game , it was amazing!!! If this helps tell others ( for me an several others who did this ) All i can say is WOW !!"
Thanks snapper
Old 07-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post

well, this seems to only work for some people, in our squad we tried this, and nobody confirmed a increase in fps, nor a decrease of the stutters.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Thanks snapper
Must have me on the ignore list
Old 07-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
Must have me on the ignore list
No not at all Farbs, sorry mate I had missed your post, thank you I will try this later.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Approved Member

I just did the last retail patch back to back with the latest patch and got the following results. Notice the lack of detail on the land in the newer patch. They have been playing around with LOD quite a lot! You can also see that less of the plane furthest away is rendered.

So I guess from the figures below you can say they have added more to the max and the AVG has dropped at this lower resolution compared to running it in surround.

This is @ 1920x1080 everything maxed out and AA off.

Retail - AVG 54 MAX 151 MIN 4
Latest- AVG 42 MAX 198 MIN 7

Retail

Latest
Old 07-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

Also try to switch to "Pseudo" mode in the video-settings. It helps with some Vidoe-Cards...
Old 07-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

Cleaned up. This is a performance help thread. Keep it on topic.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
well, this seems to only work for some people, in our squad we tried this, and nobody confirmed a increase in fps, nor a decrease of the stutters.
To be sure.

JTDawg posted this over at the ATAG Forum as well and I think we got about a 50% of those it benefitted, the other half saw no benefit. Others, including JT, found that they had to repeat the process for it to "take". It could be that some of us have installed/uninstalled so many other net-using programs and apps that files get corrupted or missing. Dunno. One person here at 1C mentioned a DECREASE in performance (!), so setting a system restore point would be wise, as always.

Still, if a few people benefitted, then why not try it?