Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
No multiplayer...
There is multiplayer, mate. I did some formation flying with this Spitfire

Beautiful product, I enjoy all a2a planes. Just yesterday I bought their new P-51. Awesome to bits, will fly her over the weekend (and compare to DCS).

But as the above folks said, this is no competition to CloD, one feels lonely on a long flights, no guns, no DM...

Old 05-30-2012, 07:55 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

@Robo. Looking forward to a comparison between the DCS and the A2A P-51's, I'm very curious about that.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
yeah those planes in a combat sim, plus a 109 as oponent for the spit, and iam one less customer for 1c.
Hear, hear!

I think we'll find the entire forum jump ship with the treason we have been victim of as a community.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:37 AM
71st_Mastiff

Well as for FSX, they can fly but no combat, you can always dog fight and sound off over team speak ataca, ataca, ataca, ataca, like the line from "Battle for Britain", as far as DCS; Cliffs of dover will have been patch times over before any real benefit's from DCS....
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 05-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWMV View Post
Still waiting for these guys to do a 109.
Then Ill bother to buy fsx!
+1, though i won't hold my breath...
Old 05-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Approved Member

I'd like to see these guys build a 3rd party plane using the CloD engine. Make it just like the FSX plane but of course with the better cockpits and a damage model.

They could probably charge $50-100 and people would buy it. Now we just need to get a few more people to buy this sim or the sequel down the road for them to pay attention.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Approved Member

It looks beautiful. If all you want to do is head up for a scenic flight, then this looks like the way to go for now.
I had a thought when I watched the startup sequence.
I think that even in a "one click startup" mode, we should see all of the switches and levers that are needed in the startup sequence being moved in the appropriate order.
Is there an option for "advanced startup" in the menu? This should certainly be a option for an online server. Even if all it takes is one push of a button in the sim, the sequence should still be simulated.

Last edited by choctaw111; 05-31-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

Nice model and good sounds indeed. The flight model looks broken though from the video. Not convinced it's that good but I haven't flown it.

But wow, they sell a plane for more than the entire CloD costs, probably including expansion...
To call this a competitor is irony at best.

It is NOT hard to make a pretty model fly. It's hard to do the netcode for combat with tons of planes and possibly thousands of bullets leaping through 3d space with realistic ballistics, damage model, to create a graphics engine handling huge areas of detailed terrain etc.
The effort required to make a model like this compared to the above is probably 1/10000000000th of what is required to make a game like CloD. Not kidding.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

Like a broken record. How much do you have to pay for it. What battles are included? What theater of operation? What other planesdo you fly against. What?? And you paid for that? Really? They saw you coming from a mile away

There just insert applicable responses from above to the next series of answers.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

Yes, understandably it would be hard to plug something like that into Cliffs of Dover and still maintain performance.

That aside "if" they could make WWII aircraft with accusim and damage models with guns ect... even if only slightly improved cockpits and controls (external can stay the same as far as i am concerned.) I would certainly buy my favorite aircraft for SP alone. I am not sure how that would work with variations of the same plane in Multiplayer though.

I was led to believe that it was going to be one of the benefits of the new Clod engine in the ability to plug 3rd party mods and aircraft and that it would be even better than IL-2 in the long run because of it? Once the engine is working better of course.
i7 2600K - Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 - EVGA GTX 570 HD 2560MB - Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 - Rosewill Bronze Series 1000W 80Plus - Crucial M4 128GB SATA III (clod) - Asus VS248H-P 24" - WD Black 1TB @ 6gbps
CH Fighterstick-CH Pro Pedals-Saitek Throttle-Track IR5 - (CH Yoke for Bombers)

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson