Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

View Poll Results: Should KB have multiplayer?
Yes 14 46.67%
No 16 53.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizaerd View Post
I voted No, and for those claiming what would it hurt, it wouldn't be required... Well it would need developers to work on it, and adding it isn't just a couple lines of code, but a whole development project in and of itself. Time better spent to increase longevity and playability and versatility for single player mode.
Very true. I too, would rather the developers used their time and talent to improve the single player mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hingerson View Post
wow that was a really stupid comment
Really, your comment was totally rude, crude, immature and uncalled for!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Approved Member

I will say this. I voted yes only because it has been said that the plans were already set for it to be included in the expansion. I will agree that if they haven't done anything to create this mode that they probably shouldn't waste time trying to make it when they should concentrate on adding more content.

I have to ask though, where have the rumors come from that said MP was definitely going to be included in the expansion?
Old 04-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I have to ask though, where have the rumors come from that said MP was definitely going to be included in the expansion?
Possibly the place where a lot of rumours come from, some idiot who makes it up.

Quote:
wow that was a really stupid comment
No what you said was a really stupid comment, what wizaerd made was a valid point in the argument.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Dane View Post
Possibly the place where a lot of rumours come from, some idiot who makes it up.

No what you said was a really stupid comment, what wizaerd made was a valid point in the argument.
Actually the devs have said that it would possibly be added in a later expansion so I guess those are the idiots your talking about. As regards to wizaerd's comment it was hardly a valid point I don't think anyone on here thinks adding multi player is just as simple as adding a few lines of code which is the reason I said it was a stupid comment
Old 04-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Actually the devs have said that it would possibly be added in a later expansion so I guess those are the idiots your talking about.
Do you actually read what other people write ?

First of the rumour was that it would be definately in, not that it was a possibility, and no those were not the ones i referred to when i said idiots, because if you read what i wrote, you would have seen this:
Quote:
Note it is one person and that it is a possiblity, meaning a chance and not a certainty.

Quote:
As regards to wizaerd's comment it was hardly a valid point I don't think anyone on here thinks adding multi player is just as simple as adding a few lines of code which is the reason I said it was a stupid comment
I'm sorry, and how does that make wizaerd's post a stupid comment ? The whole point of it was that it would take a lot of work that it WASN'T a few simple lines of code !
Again, do you actually read what other people write ?
Old 04-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

"Again, do you actually read what other people write ?"

No, it doesn't appear he does...

On topic, I voted no because this game seems very single player focused, and very story driven. It's not a game I expect a multiplayer experience from. If they add multiplayer somewhere down the road...great! Good deal! But as for the question "Should KB have multiplayer?"...I say (as a potential customer) that it is not needed and all I expect from this game is a compelling single player experience.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:58 AM
Approved Member

Alright lets get back on topic I hope that no matter how much work it takes that they add muliplayer that being said I plan on purchasing the game no matter what

Last edited by Hingerson; 05-01-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

my vote is yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixreborn View Post
Having just finished the original KB I'm really having trouble seeing it as an MultiPlayer game. Maybe an alliance mode, but competitive? How would it work?

Longevity is provided by variety, not by MP.
i dont see what kind of trouble you see for multiplayer...kb is simplified version of heroes,with just one castle you can upgrade and one single hero to lead your army,that will re-appear in that castle if defeated in combat...other creatures you can get from dwellings you can find around

so by adding second starting castle and second hero you can have nice multiplayer...both player would go around the map fighting monsters and solving quests to gain xp,artifacts or some powerfull creatures and when they finally met,each other.

victory condition can be to conquer your opponents castle to prevent hero from reappearing,capuring some specific castle on the maps or something like dig the grail or find some artifact or maybe solving some uber-quest on that map.

so question is how true they have stay to the original kb,if they did,i see no problems to create multiplayer as well,how much coding will be required is completely different story.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Approved Member

The trouble comes from the real-time part on the adventure map. And then it's turn-based on tactical map...how do you deal with those elements?
Old 05-02-2008, 03:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixreborn View Post
The trouble comes from the real-time part on the adventure map. And then it's turn-based on tactical map...how do you deal with those elements?
I played a game similar and what they did was when one or the other player went into battle, the one who was waiting watched the battle I dont know if thats the best solution but it worked for me and my buddies since typically a game like this I would probably only play over my network. Just a thought though