Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 03-02-2012, 05:42 AM
machoo

It's taken them a year to get the next patch ready . Imagine how long it will take for them to code a new OS.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailantd View Post
I have it instaled in a VM for testing and while I think it may rule the tablet world, it feels no so good for desktop machines and completely fails with more than one screen IMO. You need to move too much the mouse for simple tasks, it feels annoying. I hope they fix that big usabily problem before final release. Other than that you can like the new interface or not, I personally don´t like it very much and I think I will not use metro apps in desktop.
+ 1

Metro will be nice for tablets, for PC users I see no use for it. They will for sure do a "classic" mode where you get the menu button back and Metro becomes an "app" you can choose to start at boot time like Media Centre. They will never get corporate users to ditch W7 otherwise...

/mazex
Old 03-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoo View Post
It's taken them a year to get the next patch ready . Imagine how long it will take for them to code a new OS.
So now it's 1C's responsibility to fix windows?

It's strange this kind of logic, sort of what people say that "when you don't like someone, everything they do annoys you no matter what".
Old 03-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoo View Post
There is no patch for COD and I only posted this news so no one has to try it also not so it is corrected by someone it is of no interest to no me to play COD on my little PC I have my first line PC for that. I wantred only to launch it and to see it work under or with this new not yet finished OS. At the end of this year Windows shall be in the shops. It is part of my job to ibnstall the OS of choise on PC's of clients thus I tried this one and also all applications I could.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

Win 8 looks more like a tablet os or phone os. I think it will have 1 major change before it gets to RC so i wouldnt worry too much if you miss the start menu.
Upside is its fast as lightning, hopefully staying that way when the updates come.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post
Which version do you run by the way? They only call the Server 8 Beta, but the consumer version is still called "Preview" (which is m$ lingo for alpha ).

Anyway, thanks for the heads up that there is a new version out. I'm downloading this version now from MSDN to try out:

Windows 8 Consumer Preview with Apps (x64)
I guess you haven't used their alpha builds...

Stuff that worked in earlier builds was broken in this latest release. So don't blame the devs. You should also give Microsoft some slack since the OS isn't nailed down yet.

Unless you are a techie who needs to keep up on OS development (not gaming), I wouldn't recommend installing Windows 8 yet. Even if you are one, I can't recommend installing it on your main machine, unless you have drive trays to swap out.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroopSnoot View Post
Win 8 looks more like a tablet os or phone os. I think it will have 1 major change before it gets to RC so i wouldnt worry too much if you miss the start menu.
Upside is its fast as lightning, hopefully staying that way when the updates come.
Sounds like you are having a better experience than me. I haven't used it on a hard machine yet, though.

I sorely miss the Start button. I would expect someone to make a utility to replace the Start button if MS doesn't. It's great when you have a lot of apps installed, so you don't have to see every icon on the shortcut bar or desktop.

Has MS never heard of the phrase "if it isn't broke, don't fix it?" It just seems like a big mistake. You may not use it 95% of the time (I'm paraphrasing their justification), but that 5% REALLY stings.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auger73 View Post
I sorely miss the Start button. .
I have found a solution to the removal of the START button is leaving the desk menu on so it can be used like the start button it has nearly the same functions.

Last edited by senseispcc; 06-04-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Approved Member

Just tryed to run CoD in the new win8 Release Candidate, but it still doesn´t work. Telling you so you can avoid testing yourselves.
GTX 560
Old 06-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Approved Member

Windows 8 Aka Wait for Windows 9