Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 01-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop View Post
- Awesome guns (just tore both Blenheims to pieces and set one on fire)
- Stifles sense of unbridled horror!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
Sure, I doubt flaps were used in combat, in WW2. But were "exploited" in old IL2 for turnings hehe
The 109 had combat flaps unlike the hurri and spits, in il2 it the reds that exploit there use

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
Im not an expert but I noticed that I cant manually control flaps (slats?) in 109? Pls can someone explain why?

Leading edge slats explained at 8:50

Old 01-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Approved Member

I'm sure I saw a real WW2 vet say once that you could pull some pretty spectacular turns, and the slats scared the carp out of inexperienced pilots the first time they came out, as they made quite a bang!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
I'm sure I saw a real WW2 vet say once that you could pull some pretty spectacular turns, and the slats scared the carp out of inexperienced pilots the first time they came out, as they made quite a bang!
automatic slats have a tendency to pop out suddenly under load, this happens in the Tiger Moth (must be locked closed for areobatics) I heard an annecdote of a Tiger moths slats popping out so hard they ripped out from their mountings, it seems believeable considering the Tigers slats were solid pieces of aluminium mounted to the spindly wooden constuction of the wings.

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 01-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Approved Member

More information about the slats on the BF109:

http://www.virtualpilots.fi/feature/...09myths/#slats
Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

I would like to add this to the discussion on guns. Start at 5:00.

Doc

Last edited by ATAG_Doc; 01-26-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Seems that dragging the willing ones down to reduce their energy and then extending away to build superior E would be a good way to go. What if they don't descend?
Like I did I guess it was you and me today isnt it? Well I would have follow you down to a certain point, but if my enemy turns his nose to Calais, then I am not following. But I couldnt keep up with you anyway, on youre dive and climb as I saw it at the first time, what your tactic would be, I stopped following.

You just didnt go low enough (on our start), for this to work you need to go down at 500m and keep playing the game (RED pilot believes to catching you still) until the Hurri or Spit is stuck behind, then you start the climb.

If he dosent descend, I would climb again in my own fields, and watch my enemy what he is doing. If he comes again I lower slightly my nose to speed up, and try again to drag him down. What I see online, after a little while, people loose the passion, and wanna take you NOW, and in such points mistakes gona happen. And you get youre E advantage again.

In such game, good SA is needed.

Last edited by MoGas; 01-26-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yeah, I have shot down my fair share of yellow noses in the hurricane rotol. It is my first choice and I am always pleased when a 109 starts turning with me. 1a is just rubbish at the moment.

As I flew over the channel playing with the throttle and prop pitch to get the feel for the 109 I wondered how anyone managed to get shot down in it. Then I started turning with the hurricane and realised pretty quickly! Exactly what I do myself so I guess I had no excuse.
Two things if you get dragged into a turn fight with a red plane for whatever reason. Give it a bit of flaps and use the 109s superiour roll rate. Works better against Spits then Hurries, though.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewolf View Post
Two things if you get dragged into a turn fight with a red plane for whatever reason. Give it a bit of flaps and use the 109s superiour roll rate. Works better against Spits then Hurries, though.
And then?