Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 12-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Approved Member

So you find them more precise than twist ... Good to know, I will add pedals use to my new years propositions
Old 12-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Approved Member

Saitek pro pedals are the best saitek product around. They are also the best designed pedals I've seen, CH seem to be feet together and must feel odd. Once you are used to them, and that doesn't take long, they are fantastic. I find them far more precise than twist rudder and you'l soon find taxiing a joy - the toes brakes come into their own (although 1C really need to fix the one brake 'digital' nature of RAF braking, it's fine on the 109)
Old 12-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Saitek pro pedals are the best saitek product around. They are also the best designed pedals I've seen, CH seem to be feet together and must feel odd. Once you are used to them, and that doesn't take long, they are fantastic. I find them far more precise than twist rudder and you'l soon find taxiing a joy - the toes brakes come into their own (although 1C really need to fix the one brake 'digital' nature of RAF braking, it's fine on the 109)
+1
Old 12-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Approved Member

They're great, been using them for 3 years now.

You will have to except that for a month or so, your flying/shooting will be worse, but after that it will become imo much better than before pedals.

I find them much more precise than the twist stick ever was, plus you never put unintentional slip on your plane like was very easy to do whilst manoeuvring with a twist stick.

Fly with your hands, shoot with your feet.

Last edited by fruitbat; 12-26-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

There's a reason real airplanes don't have rudder control on the stick. Pedals are better.

Do you have the Saitek pro flight, or the Saitek pro flight combat pedals? I've been using the pro flights for some time, but am thinking about spending the cash for the combat pedals. Those look like higher quality.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

When I switched from the twist rudder type stick to my CH pedals, my flying and shooting both became much more precise.

No matter how good you think you are, when you move the stick to use the elevators or ailerons, you are making minute changes to the rudder as well.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 12-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

Don't see how they look any better tbh.

Here's the reason, for me, for choosing Saitek this time though

Shame there are no FFB pedals

Obviously preferably would be......
http://www.spitsim.co.uk/
Old 12-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

I was buying the Saitek rudder pedals 2 weeks ago, and my flying is terrible now!
My feeling for stalling is lost after this change (7 years of flying without pedals)! But there is enough practice on the new Dogfightservers online! 1 month and it will be better then before (please let it be true)
PS: Sorry for my english
SSD OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb
ASUS HD 6950 DirectCU II
Catalyst 12.6
Saitek Evo Force+Rudder pedals
TrackIR 5
Old 12-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

My wife also bought me for christmas pedals (i have no idea which ones, but she asked a good friend and long-time wingman so they`ll be fine) Are we so easy to rumble?

They `re the saitek ones! We will see but it will be the better alternate, than the wipp-switch of my saitek x-45 anyway! So watch out! )
Old 12-27-2011, 05:15 AM
Approved Member

I bought the Saitek pro pedals many years ago now and they are still as good as the day I bought them and I love them.

It will definitely take a few weeks to master them though and you need to be careful not to instinctively push against both together to move away from the desk or you'll pop the inner guide mechanism and have to pull them apart and reset the inner mechanism.