Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 11-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3uLLDoZeR View Post
Why do you have Grass and Trees turned on?
Because I like it. I love to see the grass while beeing at ground on air field. I have 40-70 FPS so why should I turn it off?

@pupo162: I've switched landscape shader to low and then switched back to high. I think that it went slightly better - but not much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Overflooded_Shader_High.jpg (124.0 KB, 48 views)
Old 11-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Why do you have Grass and Tree's turned on?
What an earth... why would he not have them turned on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

I've always heard people say the Grass makes the game crash..so I've had that off since day one.

The tree's are useless people can fly through them and hide in them so I just recently turned them off, but now have them back on very low. I guess its silly to have trees if you can't run into them in my mind.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
Because I like it. I love to see the grass while beeing at ground on air field. I have 40-70 FPS so why should I turn it off?

@pupo162: I've switched landscape shader to low and then switched back to high. I think that it went slightly better - but not much.
Im sorry mate, but the setting who changes this is land detail. try the same procedure for that.

the following print show the 3 stages of evolution of this effect, its always there, but your screens look like the medium setting and not high.

its a big image, and i didnt want to compress it to forum, or image sites requirements.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BFI9GB4Q
Old 11-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Approved Member

This flooded effect has been with the Sim since Day 1. At longer ranges The Rivers are so wide they join to appear as large inundated areas. Its independent of graphic settings.

Devs are directly aware of this.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:50 AM
Approved Member

This has been an issue since release, rivers should get smaller at distance not larger and itis probably my main gripe with the graphics engine. It's like somebody inverted the modifier for them that controls how they are rendered at distance and it looks awful.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupo162 View Post
Im sorry mate, but the setting who changes this is land detail. try the same procedure for that.

the following print show the 3 stages of evolution of this effect, its always there, but your screens look like the medium setting and not high.

its a big image, and i didnt want to compress it to forum, or image sites requirements.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BFI9GB4Q
After following your advice it instantly went better Thank you. Though the fps rate went down by 10-15 now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LandscapeDetailHigh1.jpg (169.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg LandscapeDetailHigh2.jpg (242.6 KB, 39 views)
Old 11-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The tree's are useless people can fly through them and hide in them so I just recently turned them off, but now have them back on very low. I guess its silly to have trees if you can't run into them in my mind.
It a sim not RL. Coder are not gods. They can't built a complex world at the perfection. Fairness means that you pretend a flaw is not existing that altogether we can enjoy the game
Old 11-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

I get the expanding water problem at a distance too. Always have.
I turn off grass because it causes a fps hit and I can live without it. I turn off ttrees because they are pointless, there's no collision model and a/c hide in them. They are also not very realistic to look at.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 11-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
After following your advice it instantly went better Thank you. Though the fps rate went down by 10-15 now.
the fps issue is _"normal" my guess is that you were actually on medium setting tough your in game menu said you are on high. this is one of the msot demanding settings. lets wait for next patch