Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 11-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

freetrack, a crap webcam (ir filter removed) and 10euros for a homemade tracking device. A conscious setup and it works perfetcly. Save your money and forget about TIR.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

@OP, sounds like your setup could be better. With a decent webcam and some SH485 LEDs you should be fine under any conditions. I can't overemphasise the importance of getting the right LEDs!

Last edited by jimbop; 11-08-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

I've just made my first starts with my new tracking device. Three IR LEDs side clip, VX-3000 cam, latest FreeTrack, w7 64bit. With two other sims its work "out of the box" (after a short basic setup in FT), but with CoD is not so easy. Everything is too sensitive and nervous.
I tried to tune it and i can have good wide movements to check six or very smooth motion to operate in the cockpit but nothing in between.
I know its about taste, but a CoD profile could help me a lot to find what I'm looking for. Is there any public one? Do you have a good one?
Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravoalpha View Post
I've just made my first starts with my new tracking device. Three IR LEDs side clip, VX-3000 cam, latest FreeTrack, w7 64bit. With two other sims its work "out of the box" (after a short basic setup in FT), but with CoD is not so easy. Everything is too sensitive and nervous.
I tried to tune it and i can have good wide movements to check six or very smooth motion to operate in the cockpit but nothing in between.
I know its about taste, but a CoD profile could help me a lot to find what I'm looking for. Is there any public one? Do you have a good one?
I will post mine but won't be until tomorrow (moving house). In the meantime have you played with default curves? Should be a short delay curve.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

PS3 Eye cam + homemade 3 point clip (USB). I use it flawless with CloD, IL-2 46, ArmA series, even in BF3! You just need a GOOD cam without IR filter.

Seriously, i never understand why people have so much trouble with Freetrack. The software itself is more flexible than TrackIR one. I have multiple profiles for each game, and i just click in the one i want to use.

Variable (and strong) ambient light conditions will influence two solutions, the same way.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop View Post
@OP, sounds like your setup could be better. With a decent webcam and some SH485 LEDs you should be fine under any conditions. I can't overemphasise the importance of getting the right LEDs!
Yes, good IR leds always! In my room i have a windows in front of me and i can use Freetrack anytime...
Old 01-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Approved Member

Thanks jimbop!
I played a bit with the curves and the global setting, its better but not ok.
LoBiSoMeM, I'm using l-934f3c LEDs, removed the IR filter from the cam and made a daylight filter from a floppy. FT works perfect without any in deep setup with Condor or RoF! With Default profile or Sensitivity at 1 and full smooth and I use it as I always had it!
In CoD its not so easy, narrow smooth movements or wide and nervous popping what I have (now). Its not so easy to fine tune it (I think the main problem is the missing FT option in the game.)
Old 01-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Approved Member

Track ir is far more expensive but It works perfect.
If they would reduce the price, they would get more sells

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 01-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

I made a few different profiles, tested it a lot a finally i'm close to the perfect one. Again, its all about taste, but I post mine for the newcomers! Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: zip CoD.zip (975 Bytes, 25 views)
Old 01-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

Here are my settings: