Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 10-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad G View Post
This is interesting. Seems that MSI Afterburner can cause stutters.

http://www.overclock.net/graphics-ca...utter-fix.html
I use CCC no problems with shutters i also have 3 external fans plus the Cpu fan, Psu fan and video card fan .. cool cool temps even in OC
Old 10-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

A quick hint for ATI users..
someone (don't remember who, sorry) posted a tip to get less stutter (after doing this its disappeared for me).

Set your video presets in CCC on "Performance" or "Optimal Performance" for AMD Vision Engine Control Center with newest drivers.

Really huge improvement in fps and reducing stutter!

Thanks (again) to the guy who found this
Old 10-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
4 Gb ram and a 5770 GPU shouldn't be able to run a current gen game maxed out. The game was pretty stable for a good number of people prior to this patch, I imagine they thought they had alot of the crashes worked out, and could spare people for the gyro. Heck, if some people had their way, we'd all be on the release version of the game engine, but with working comms... Devs work in mysterious ways, heh.

How does that 47" look at those resolutions? I have an old 37" LG laying around, I've been thinking of hooking up to my rig.
I have to update my sig .. 6 gigs duel channel DDR3 the 5770 isn't that bad you can OC it runs HD no problems Eyefinity Multi-Monitors Yes its a few years old but its just now marking the low end of mid range video cards GTX-280/5770 I don't think my issue is my video card just yet .. otherwise i would have lag or burps .. i checked for heat issues or spikes in the system while playing Normal temps and Cpu Gpu normal .. 47" looks great for 47" I'm sure 18.5" 3D screen would look awsome But i'm not running out to buy one just yet .. p.s. I checked my drivers to see if any updates were made ..0
Old 10-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

Default Micro Stutters are micro slowdowns and/or micro freezes or what?

Hi to all,
I'm writing because I need your help to define "micro stutters".

This because in front of what I always guessed to be micro stutters playing IL2 Sturmovik series in the past, at this moment I've another kind of problem that I could call as "micro slowdowns" while the older could be for me like "micro freezes".

Trying to be more understandable, the micro slowdowns that I find flying IL2 CoD, look like the old trouble came with the first AMD X2 Processors that needed a patch to play games at the best way

So I would like to know which of them you mean speaking about in this thread.

thanks in advance
Old 10-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

I just came back after a long absence and spent time with the sim yesterday.

I've noticed an old trick that helped alleviate stuttering (for me anyway) - which was to disable windows aero. Tested again last night on TBD track and it made quite a difference in smooth rendering - playback.

- Turn windows aero off, by right clicking the "Launcher.exe" in the CoD root directory to select Properties. Select the "Compatibility" tab then check "Disable Desktop Composition" and hit "OK"

If you've done this correctly, when CoD starts you'll get a message from windows saying "The Color Scheme has been changed to Windows Basic"......

To see if this affects you, I'd suggest running "The Black Death" track under your current configuration once - maybe take a fraps benchmark if it's easy. Then Disable Desktop Composition, restart - and run TBD track again. What I see is a signficant change in longer duration stutters or "pulsing" as the track is played back.

Maybe that can help - maybe not - but since this hasn't been posted since April - thought I'd throw it out there. Amazing that there are not more stickies for this sort of thing around (or I'm just blind).

S!

Gunny
Warthog and U2Nxt Cougar under t.a.r.g.e.t
Old 10-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the reminder Gunny,

had forgotten about it.

I will give it a try!

~S~
Old 10-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSA/TX-Gunslinger View Post
I just came back after a long absence and spent time with the sim yesterday.

I've noticed an old trick that helped alleviate stuttering (for me anyway) - which was to disable windows aero. Tested again last night on TBD track and it made quite a difference in smooth rendering - playback.

- Turn windows aero off, by right clicking the "Launcher.exe" in the CoD root directory to select Properties. Select the "Compatibility" tab then check "Disable Desktop Composition" and hit "OK"

If you've done this correctly, when CoD starts you'll get a message from windows saying "The Color Scheme has been changed to Windows Basic"......

To see if this affects you, I'd suggest running "The Black Death" track under your current configuration once - maybe take a fraps benchmark if it's easy. Then Disable Desktop Composition, restart - and run TBD track again. What I see is a signficant change in longer duration stutters or "pulsing" as the track is played back.

Maybe that can help - maybe not - but since this hasn't been posted since April - thought I'd throw it out there. Amazing that there are not more stickies for this sort of thing around (or I'm just blind).

S!

Gunny
I did that, but thanks for the info. Ive got stutters only when somebody repawns and not always. But the slowdowns occur when the dust is near (lets say when ditching) or (sometimes) when more planes are near, low, in dogfight....
Old 10-28-2011, 03:56 AM
Approved Member

Hey Grathos, let me know if it helps with current software build.. good to see you, man.

Tvrdi, it helps - but as I looked at it last night - it isn't a miracle cure. When TBD is running without it, there's this kind of slow pulsing of the track. It did stop that. Benchmark with Aero enabled - went down to minimum of 0 fps. With Aero disabled - popped back up to 6 - average fps up by 5 fps.

Off to practice bombing....

S!

Gunny
Warthog and U2Nxt Cougar under t.a.r.g.e.t
Old 10-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
I did that, but thanks for the info. Ive got stutters only when somebody repawns and not always. But the slowdowns occur when the dust is near (lets say when ditching) or (sometimes) when more planes are near, low, in dogfight....
Exacly there are huge slow downs when more planes are in dogfight over land expecially when you make minimum FOV ( gunsight view) on them. Game could slow down even to 2 fps even if normaly i got 40-50 fps.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Approved Member

Gents, I would recommend to try your tests flying at the ATAG Server.

It is the first server I saw where I can fly on a single GTX570 card 3024x resolution at 50-60fps constant over land, bombers, planes etc etc without experiencing stutters (I fly without SLI since I realised it doubles fps but reduces the smoothness of the game).

ATAG changed completely my view about the game...

The only problem I have now is that when I spend too much time near the bomber formations and max zoom (gunsight mode) the memory leak is much faster.

~S~

PS: Gunslinger! It has been a long time, I think last time was the online team event (TUSA - 335th).Nice too see you around!

Last edited by 335th_GRAthos; 10-28-2011 at 09:09 AM.