Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 09-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamekeeper View Post
My offer to assist and host as mentioned in the above thread is still open. Unfortunately there seems to be little interest so far.
Maybe so far, but I think you have an amazing collection so far Gamekeeper. With time it'll flush out.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamekeeper View Post
My offer to assist and host as mentioned in the above thread is still open. Unfortunately there seems to be little interest so far.
With the greatest respect Gamekeeper and please don't take offence, your website is one example of "scripting examples scattered across this and other forums". No-one coming to the 1C forum for help is going to know its there unless they trawl the forums or hear about it from someone else. It may be just that that discourages peoples interest in contributing to your website.

I just think it would be better if it was all held here at the home of Cliffs of Dover under a clear sub-forum which people would easily recognise when they come here for help.

Of course, what would be better is a GUI that does all this for us, most of us are not coders and those of us with a little experience in similar/other coding are still in the dark over many of the objects, methods etc.. A fundamental point is that the average gamer should be able to create quite sophisticated missions from in-game tools.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 09-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Approved Member

those of us with a little experience in similar/other coding are still in the dark over many of the objects, methods etc.. A fundamental point is that the average gamer should be able to create quite sophisticated missions from in-game tools

Amen klem, we are looking forward to English-localised FMB documentation and maybe Scripting Tutorials where specific examples are discussed in depth in baby steps.

At present we are only seeing the fin of the shark. Colliding with the tip of the iceberg

Ming
Old 09-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

+1 to the last two posts.
i would really like to use the FMBs full potential.hell i would be happy if i could use the half of it.
but up till now, im not even able to start flights at different times.
and i really want to avoid to just copy and paste scripts....i want to understand them,..but i really would need step by step instructions for abslolute dummies like me.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Approved Member

@David198502
You are from vienna, so i think you can speak german.
I've made step by step tutorials in german:
http://forum.sturmovik.de/index.php/board,17.0.html
Old 09-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

Gamekeepers AirforceWar.com is in my opinion the best place to gather script-parts. Here in the forum they are simply lost between all the posts and spam.

Ataros` attempt to gather them, is more or less succesful, but on the long run, simply lost.

I consider AirforceWar as the best side, to collect files CoD related, especially FMB related stuff. It just has to be known and used.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
Gamekeepers AirforceWar.com is in my opinion the best place to gather script-parts. Here in the forum they are simply lost between all the posts and spam.

Ataros` attempt to gather them, is more or less succesful, but on the long run, simply lost.

I consider AirforceWar as the best side, to collect files CoD related, especially FMB related stuff. It just has to be known and used.
Agreed, too many Spam posts in here, and that happens with pretty much every thread started, Anything like that would just become a pain to read and would be lost imo
Old 09-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG28_Kodiak View Post
@David198502
I've made step by step tutorials in german:
http://forum.sturmovik.de/index.php/board,17.0.html
Thanks Kodiak your posts at airwarfare are an example of what we need. I have a google translated copy of your tutorial and will try and rework it in English. Hopefully I will learn something along the way.

I know that in time airwarfare will be considered a primary source for information about the new IL-2 series in the same way that M4T is for IL-2 1946. It just needs a handful of people to help get things going. I experienced the same start with the original IL-2 where everyone was rooted in UBI forums time is the only barrier right now.

Last edited by Gamekeeper; 09-22-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post

Well, if thats the way it turns out we need a locked sticky in here pointing to it or most people will never find it. This is where most CoD buyers will come to find out about CoD, otherwise AirforceWar.com is really only going to be found by those 'in the know'.

IMHO you'll also have to work out how you are going to invite Library submissions and hopefully Requests** or it may suffer the same problems as in here which is why I suggested heavily moderated Library and Requests threads and a more 'open' Discussion thread.
**hope you're prepared for some pretty dweeby requests, from me at least

Still, its nice to know someone is prepared to take on this black hole.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 09-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

I do propose something else:

Let's make a mother of all scripts, including everything, and have it as free code on a public svn (google code for example)

The best things to do (while the IL2DCE next beta is in work) is a in-(online)missions code, containing everything needed in a mission (kill tracks for all aircrafts no matter if AI/player(s), the emergency land crew code, radar, etc..),except spawning flights, so that this code could be included in any mission/campaign.

I also think that, as the online(pure multiplayer)/online with AI/AI only (pure singleplayer) barriers are kinda foggy in IL2CoD (which is a good thing), this code should be made to work for all of them