Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

Xilon,

I didn't quite understand that last post!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Approved Member

Just a reminder, that history will take flight tomorrow night (20th) at 10:30pm EST. If anyone still wishes to join up, post it here and send me a friend request if we aren't already friends. Chat invites will go out just before 10:30pm for mission briefings prior to start. Looking forward to another fun and interactive history lesson!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

I'd like to take the time to thank all of the participants for our first gathering of the Invasion of Sicily historical missions last night! We had a full house and even when we lost two people after the first mission, two more joined for a total of 18 people participating in the first night! I hope to keep that going for the remaining 14 missions! Once again thank you all!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffMonk View Post
I'd like to take the time to thank all of the participants for our first gathering of the Invasion of Sicily historical missions last night! We had a full house and even when we lost two people after the first mission, two more joined for a total of 18 people participating in the first night! I hope to keep that going for the remaining 14 missions! Once again thank you all!!!
WOW! great turnout. I don't feel so bad about skipping out on you guys now, although I still wish I'd been there. Hopefully next time.

StiC
Old 09-21-2011, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

No worries, we have plenty more nights coming up! Hope to see you tomorrow!
Old 09-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Simply enjoyable. The full HUD off made it realistic and you can feel the difficulty of the WWII pilots in spotting the enemy. However, the B17 kamikaze into targets was unreal. How do we simulate the refueling and rearming? Suggest we discourage bailing out in flight when out of ammo. Instead, pilots should land in a designated friendly airfield then bail out once he lands. Thanks Ruff for your initiatives.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Glad you are enjoying them Joe! As for the B-17s, yeah I was going to ask the guys to stop crashing into targets at our next gathering. As for bailing out in flight, I will put it to a vote to see if the rest of the guys are cool with that! I'm ok with it as it is, but a little more realism wouldn't hurt and if the majority of the guys are cool with it, then I have no problem incorporating it! I think however, instead of landing at an airfield though, I'll suggest, they would only be able to bail near their own spawn area. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Reincarnated WWII Pilots

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...come-life.html

Wouldn't it be cool if some of us BOP gamers are actually reincarnated WWII pilots?
Old 10-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

Great send off to the IoS series last night. Thanks again Ruff for all your hard work in preparing and and organizing these historical recreations. Looking forward to Korsun and re-booting the BoB on realistic.

Much respect

StiC
Old 10-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

No problem StiC! It's always great to create something and have other people get enjoyment from what you've done! As I've said on many occasions, I enjoy doing the research and development almost as much as like I doing the missions themselves.

As for the BoB realistic series, I really want us to get serious about getting that off the ground! So if you, WalterNowotony and jubei can get some guys from the realistic crowd, I'll work on the arcade side. I can tell you right now besides myself and you, sanibelfam, and Ferrbawlz3 have already said, they're on board. So if you add to that jubei, R-BADD, Walter and trvrgunning5, all of whom I'd be surprise would turn that down, that's 8 people right there! Once we get a decent sized group together, we can start running the BoB in a week or less! I just need time to go back in and add objectives to the missions as Stalingrad was the first series to incorporate objective scores. I'll go ahead and start that process the next time I get time and so once again, lets try and get the BoB realistic series off the ground! Start gauging interest and keep me posted via the forum or PSN!

Last edited by RuffMonk; 10-07-2011 at 04:10 PM.