Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Yep. See how it's done Luthier???
Yeh Luthier, buy the IP, move back to the US leaving the team in Moscow and sit back communicating with us all instead of getting your hands dirty with the project.

It's all very easy to point towards Jason as the way to do it and I'll not disagree whatsoever but they're not in the same situation, not even close.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Yeh Luthier, buy the IP, move back to the US leaving the team in Moscow and sit back communicating with us all instead of getting your hands dirty with the project.

It's all very easy to point towards Jason as the way to do it and I'll not disagree whatsoever but they're not in the same situation, not even close.
Thats true Dano, but a two minute post, he could do it with his mobile phone whilst sitting on the loo. There is no excuse for the lack of comminication, its just the way he chooses to work, which IMHO is a mistake considering the poor product released.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Approved Member

That would be why I said I'm not disagreeing Tree
Old 08-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
That would be why I said I'm not disagreeing Tree
oooops, Damn it man!! Go back and edit your post so I dont look foolish!!
Old 08-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

Mwahahahaha
Old 08-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb4 View Post
Jason post this week:
Sorry to say, but we had to delay 1.021 just a couple more days due to some lingering bugs we needed to squash and a few fixes to the SPAD 7 model. Other than that everything is on track as planned. Looks for the update around Thursday of this week.

We appreciate everyone's patience. This small delay means the SPAD 7 is still available for a lower price a little while longer. Don't delay and grab this beautiful plane.

Also, we have been planning the future and I see a lot of good things on our dev schedule. More on that later. But please remember for us to continue to improve ROF and create more planes we need your support. Both financially and spiritually. Tell all your sim buddies that ROF is Free to Play and one of the best ever made! We hope to continue ROF development well into 2012 and beyond. We need you to stand with us!

From the RoF forum just in case everyone on this forum has forgotten how short and easy a simple update is to write.
Seems that they are closer to their community, but I hope we will never have to read such a panhandling and implicit threat in this board. For me the RoF business model is just inacceptable.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

I rather enjoy RoF's business model. Cant say I'm liking clod's one so far though.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Approved Member

Yep, i like ROFs model.

Quite happy to pay for aircraft each month or two if it comes with all sorts of free updates and upgrades.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Approved Member

Yup ROF model fan here too,Jason and team are leading from the front as regards communication with their community IMO.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 08-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

Agreed, Jason may or may not be totally hands on, but one things for sure at RoF headquarters they do get things done, listen to peoples views, take onboard comments, release regular updates and have useful and valid dialogue with the punters. These 2 guys are friends, surely Shevchenko needs to see the light before too long and start doing things the RoF (since Jason took over) way ( I remember when RoF was a bugfest btw, I was on the beta and couldn`t believe it when they said it would be released).