Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-06-2011, 04:41 AM
Approved Member

My UFO encounter took place in broad daylight in the late 80's. I was out fixing fences on the Family farm in Morawa, when I glanced up in the sky and saw what looked like a shooting star leaving a trail of smoke. It came in high from clear sky in the west, passed under a high layer of cloud and then disapeared behind a lower layer in the east. No sound at all.

All in all it crossed up about half the sky in about 3- 5 seconds!

Could have been a shooting star but anywoo it was quite impressive!

Cheers!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisv View Post
I majored in computer science and physics, a double major with a bent in astronomy and optics.

Your remark is a kneejerk reaction, uncalled for, not knowing the person who made it. I did not see Venus either or chinese lanterns or light reflected from glaciers or flares.

Louis
Ah yes a fellow NERD!!! You left out swamp gas lol
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 08-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisv View Post
No clouds, and there is no way what I saw was spotlights. I have been observing the sky for decades as an amateur astronomer and as a pilot.

I majored in computer science and physics, a double major with a bent in astronomy and optics.

Your remark is a kneejerk reaction, uncalled for, not knowing the person who made it. I did not see Venus either or chinese lanterns or light reflected from glaciers or flares.

Louis
Kneejerk, perhaps. But a fairly safe assumption being unaware of your either your discerning education or ability to ascend from the scientific method in order to make the leap of logic to space aliens. You wouldn't be the first pilot/amateur astronomer to draw an erroneous conclusion from some visual phenomenon.

Either way, who knows what you saw. Maybe it was aliens doing whatever it is they do selectively for some to see and not others so, as you are obviously an educated man, you'll forgive me for playing skeptic and not taking your anecdote at face value based on some extra level of credibility.

Again, with all respect, I'm not saying you are wrong about what you saw or even the conclusions you personally draw from it, just that it is not any more credible than any other story until someone brings a non-blurry out-of-perspective, unphotoshopped picture or cigarette butt out of their abductors cosmic ashtray.