Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
See his US Market welcome message:-
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24692

"4. We do not at this time have anyone doing community relations, which means we spend less time than we’d like to interacting with you, or rather, providing answers to your questions. We are up on these boards every day reading what you have to say, and it does often drive our design decisions and priorities."

They have no-one spending time on community relations at the moment. We know that's a bit of a slap in the face but that's what they are doing, spending all their time on dev work.

And yes, I think he's wrong not to say something about progress.
this answer my question... goodbye communication and news... bah...
Old 07-20-2011, 07:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
He also said the missing features that just missed the last patch would be released shortly...

he also said "trust me on this" about spitgirl.

come on Chivas, you really cant bring yourself to just agree?
I suppose you'd have to develop something this complex to understand there are always setbacks. We know the team is still working on the project and have plans to support it for many years. Patience is the key word here, but patience isn't the strong suit of the last few generations.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 07-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Approved Member

The answer to the One Question will only bring up more questions;

so the One explanation will bring more whines / requests for additional explanations

but I agree for the "I got a fever, and the only prescription is more communication" instead of beatie boys ill communication
Old 07-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
I suppose you'd have to develop something this complex to understand there are always setbacks. We know the team is still working on the project and have plans to support it for many years. Patience is the key word here, but patience isn't the strong suit of the last few generations.
It is not about patience, it's about respect in my opinion. Ok, you are not forced to answer to all questions, but when hundreds of people are here every day waiting for a patch, or a small word from a developer that says "no news today guys, we are working hard!!!", I don't think you spend too much time to write this? ah... can i suggest to copy this sentence and save somewhere so luthier can just copy and paste in a post every week? 30 seconds of his time in a week is too much?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:49 AM
machoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by albx View Post
.... but when Ilya said that he will give us a weekly update and then in 3 weeks not a word,

He only said he would try.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoo View Post
He only said he would try.
yeah right I forgot the word TRY
EDITED
Old 07-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
... but patience isn't the strong suit of the last few generations.
Well at the age of 40 I'm slowing growing tired of forking over money for games / sims that are unfinished.

There's only so much the paying public should have to put up with. I think it's time the situation was turned around. How about we pay for a product that is actually finished for a change? As I've said before in the deleted thread that was started by Nearmis, I can live with bugs, as I too am a developer (business apps), but how about actually delivering what was promised?

Believe me, customers grow very tired very quickly when you say the application will do one thing, but doesn't deliver as expected after release day.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
One explanation and we will stop whining
So now you have had the explanation will you all stop whining about communication & updates?

Somehow i doubt you will 'agree' to keeping your word.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex View Post
Well at the age of 40 I'm slowing growing tired of forking over money for games / sims that are unfinished.

There's only so much the paying public should have to put up with. I think it's time the situation was turned around. How about we pay for a product that is actually finished for a change? As I've said before in the deleted thread that was started by Nearmis, I can live with bugs, as I too am a developer (business apps), but how about actually delivering what was promised?

Believe me, customers grow very tired very quickly when you say the application will do one thing, but doesn't deliver as expected after release day.
I agree with you, and I do your same job
Old 07-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
So now you have had the explanation will you all stop whining about communication & updates?

Somehow i doubt you will 'agree' to keeping your word.
Why you doubt? don't worry... after the luthier's words I'll spend less time in this forum waiting for a patch or a news, like many others I think....
Closed Thread