Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

I don't have any really bad performance issues, but I did have to do a fair few tweaks such as deleting the Ubisoft startup video and making sure all the config files were fresh with each new patch.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Approved Member

The best I can say is I will give it another chance after the US release.
MP Sound Bug and CF Performance are my biggest issues. CF Performance can be dealt with RadeonPro.

Last edited by roadczar; 07-18-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

I get pretty good performance with my system with medium settings (high for a few options) and shadows turned off.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:36 PM
BigPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
There are some users of BOB COD that are having very good results, and there are the whiners that won't take the time to review the system stats of those who are getting good results.

Many of the videos I've seen indicate a very competent COD, and it is getting better with each patch.

If your system specs don't square up to the specs of people getting good performance you might want to make some inquiries.

I am very sure the people having good results will be glad to share how they achieved their competent installs of COD.

If your system specs don't meet up to what is working you should think about your hardware instead of whining about something that may never be workable.
The specs that are given dont match up to what works and what works appears to be random at times.
I have low end system and i get 25-35 fps, with stutter a plenty. My system appears according to others reports to run better than others high end systems.

I think maybe people should not buy any new kit untill the game is presented as fix/stable, I know i wont, and i dont believe in encouraging others to do so when its the game that is problematic more than the system.

Last edited by BigPickle; 07-18-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
There are some users of BOB COD that are having very good results, and there are the whiners that won't take the time to review the system stats of those who are getting good results.

Many of the videos I've seen indicate a very competent COD, and it is getting better with each patch.

If your system specs don't square up to the specs of people getting good performance you might want to make some inquiries.

I am very sure the people having good results will be glad to share how they achieved their competent installs of COD.

If your system specs don't meet up to what is working you should think about your hardware instead of whining about something that may never be workable.
you forgot us, who done everthing what was possible and who has great SW and HW knowledge and experience in beta testing and still "whine" because the performance is *beep!* on our modern rigs
Old 07-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
before talking about micro stutters, make sure you have set the amount of buildings to unlimited, that way, everything's cached from far away, not right when you are upon it.
It's worth a shot...although for some reason with the 11.5 drivers I get huge artifacts with buildings on unlimited. But there are some other things I'm going to try before spitting my dummy out. (Kidding.)
Old 07-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadczar View Post
The best I can say is I will give it another chance after the US release.
MP Sound Bug and CF Performance are my biggest issues. CF Performance can be dealt with RadeonPro.
Temporary solution: For me, and for four of my pals has no sound problems (MP), since we disabled the forest (different pc configs). I know, is ugly, but the sound is good.

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 07-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

All graphics maxed out... shadows off... close to never below 50fps
Old 07-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Approved Member

I have everything set on High, and have very few problems. Once in awhile, a strange line in the sky or some ragged edges around a windscreen. Things will only get better.

My biggest complaint is with the campaigns. Some missions just don't load. Others have planes that move in circles, unless you use the brakes. There's one where a ME-109 seems to have one landing gear strut shorter than the other. Can't see my campaign statistics, either.

And, the game statistics don't update.

binky9
Intel i7 3.4ghz Processor
GTX 780 Graphics Card OC
24GB Ram
Track IR5
50" LG HDMI LED 1920x1080 60hrz
MS FFB2 Stick
CH Pedals
Saitek Throttle/Prop/Mixture and Trim wheel
Thrustmaster MFDs

League City, TX
Old 07-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

35 - 55 fps online on medium-high settings, no stutters, no sound bug.

See link #5 in my sig for some performance hints.