Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
Why on earth are you following him down to (literally) treetop height?

Stay high and conserve your energy. Let him go down while you stay high and build more E. By the time he tries to come back you'll have an enormous margin.
Guess you didnt read the first Post.... he got bounced as he was taking off, he then half rolled because the 109 obviously buggered up another bounce and gave chase..why would you not give chase in a Spit against a 109 who just messed up a bounce?...id chase up untill i knew i wasnt going to catch him..

The 109 pilot obvioulsy messed up big time trying to be Johnny Big balls and bounce a second time before making sure hes got enough E to follow it through...if hes had to resort to then flying through Trees to evade a Slower AC then hes a Tool, and id let him escape probably through pitty, bless him
Old 07-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Well, you wont get any kills if you cant see them because of the Tree's wiil you?? And it wont be fixed, Luthier as aleady said its not fixable.
I get lots of kills, because I don't furball below 100 meters. I spend my time attacking aircraft up high.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
Guess you didnt read the first Post.... he got bounced as he was taking off, he then half rolled because the 109 obviously buggered up another bounce and gave chase..why would you not give chase in a Spit against a 109 who just messed up a bounce?...id chase up untill i knew i wasnt going to catch him..

The 109 pilot obvioulsy messed up big time trying to be Johnny Big balls and bounce a second time before making sure hes got enough E to follow it through...if hes had to resort to then flying through Trees to evade a Slower AC then hes a Tool, and id let him escape probably through pitty, bless him
Ah yeah, didn't see that bit earlier.

My point stands, though. Pilots should not be engaging in combat at altitudes where literally diving into the trees is a viable escape, because anyone with an altitude advantage and a little bit of patience is going to catch and kill you sooner or later. There's no avoiding it, and if you're already on the deck there's nowhere to go.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
I get lots of kills, because I don't furball below 100 meters. I spend my time attacking aircraft up high.
Well, if the object of the server is to defend certain ground targets then if we all flew high there would be no challenge, anyone knows you can just keep high, but if your a 'team player' you try and win the map.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Why on earth are you following him down to (literally) treetop height?

Stay high and conserve your energy. Let him go down while you stay high and build more E. By the time he tries to come back you'll have an enormous margin.
Did you read my post? i had just taken off.

oh and its the Repka full real server, its the only full real server with more than 2 people in it, if you know any others that have lots of people flying in them at realistic heights flying full real can you please tell me...jeez
Old 07-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
There's no avoiding it, and if you're already on the deck there's nowhere to go.
Apart from through the tree's!!
Old 07-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Ah yeah, didn't see that bit earlier.

My point stands, though. Pilots should not be engaging in combat at altitudes where literally diving into the trees is a viable escape, because anyone with an altitude advantage and a little bit of patience is going to catch and kill you sooner or later. There's no avoiding it, and if you're already on the deck there's nowhere to go.
Hmm not sure i agree with that fella, if there are no EA around and im Low enough to see an even lower EA then i will bounce him regardless of his height...its up to me to guarantee that there isnt any EA higher than me however before i make a move, then it becomes a problem but if not i dont see there being an issue of bouncing a very low target as long as you keep fast and have your escape route planned
Old 07-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

Sure, I can cherry-pick conditions too.

Sure: IF there are no other EA around, and IF you spot a lone bandit without a wingman then yeah, go ahead and dive after them.

But IF another enemy arrives on the scene then you are likely dead meat.

I like how Tree_UK can't refute my arguments and has now lowered himself to personal attacks like saying I'm not a team player because I fly high.

------

How many of you people in this thread spent most of your time flying il2fb on the deck? Did you ever venture into a server with good pilots like Warclouds or Spits/109s and try it there? How'd that end up?

Lots and lots of combat happens at altitudes where you can barely see the trees, much less fly through them.

I guess I just don't think this is cause to stand up and start screaming about the end of the sim.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Sure, I can cherry-pick conditions too.

Sure: IF there are no other EA around, and IF you spot a lone bandit without a wingman then yeah, go ahead and dive after them.

But IF another enemy arrives on the scene then you are likely dead meat.

I like how Tree_UK can't refute my arguments and has now lowered himself to personal attacks like saying I'm not a team player because I fly high.

------

How many of you people in this thread spent most of your time flying il2fb on the deck? Did you ever venture into a server with good pilots like Warclouds or Spits/109s and try it there? How'd that end up?

Lots and lots of combat happens at altitudes where you can barely see the trees, much less fly through them.

I guess I just don't think this is cause to stand up and start screaming about the end of the sim.
I fly both sides mate so depends on what im flying im guess..a Spit especially the one we have in game isnt a very good BnZ though in Il2 i could get away with it...on the other hand the 109 we have here is a better TnB Ac than in Il2 imo..

im not side biased.. not a luftwiner or an easymode pilot (ww2ol phrase so i do whatever and depends on the map too
Old 07-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
I have to say, the graphics in this game are causing unreal tactics to be valid.
Agreed..