Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Delve into the new Rise of Flight career with the brand new 'Brisfit' while you wait for CLOD to get sorted ... easy!!!

Old 06-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
Ok, I've really had enough with people complaining about how lots of things in the game are wrong, broke or have bug issues. Yes, there are a few bugs in the game but thats the same as most games out there, Crysis 2 has just had a major upgrade/patch because it was riddled with small bugs (and the graphics were actually worse than the previous 2 games). This game has one of the most dedicated update and patch surpport teams around, IL-2 1946, a seven year old game ( I think) is still being patched and updated with new features. What I'm saying is dont worry, the game will be fixed of bugs soon, I'm sure.

Also, people complaining about low FPS who have mid-range gaming comps. and try and play the game at very high settings at massive resolutions are complete idiots, I play the game on High-Very high settings (1240x720) with shadows and everything else turned on at about 30 fps over land and 50-70 fps and my computer is not great (see system specs below). You cant expect a game that is made for todays top PC's and future PC's to run perfectly on a crap mid-range gaming comp. its not logical.

The team already said in their dev. diaries on Youtube that they wante the grpahics to continue to look great with graphics that are produced in 2015.

STOP COMPLAINING, and 1C Maddox games, I love the new IL-2 and I'm sure the new series is gonna be a great success

AdamB

please think carefuly about releasing the SDK, I know most people want one (including myself) but the implications of poeple potentially ruining their games could be substatial
SYSTEM SPECS:
getting enough attention Jr?
anyway our PC is not that bad. i'd be shocked if i could run the game that well at nothing but some craptastic (1240x720) with that HW. remarks about performance issues are completely founded and well placed.
and about your "quit whatever now" suggestion.. take a look
Old 06-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
Thank you Luthier. Good to finally hear from you.
Priceless,hehe,nice one smink.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndstone Hawk View Post
Delve into the new Rise of Flight career with the brand new 'Brisfit' while you wait for CLOD to get sorted ... easy!!!

i just wished we could have that amazing rain effect in COD.. remarkable indeed. devs take a look
Old 06-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndstone Hawk View Post
Bought it as soon as it came out. In fact I must get some flight time in on it tonight.

Didn't know you could use it in career mode though, I had to buy a Nieuport for that.

It is pretty boss for sure and handles much more like a 'proper' plane to me.

Nice vid by the way, cheers.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

While theres no denying ROF looks nice enough and the 'free' demo is quite good, can't say I'm impressed with the 'rip off' sales model, surely the ROF fanclub should be gushing over on the ROF forum?

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 06-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

If they would just stop showing the view count numbers next to the forum names this would reduce it a lot.

How would you feel idling in a forum that hasn't had an update by anyone in days or even weeks and you see 75+ people (at the time of this writing) over here. Think about it.

You invested a ton of money that you saved over the summer holidays mowing lawns and got that used dual core down at the local pawn shop and all of a sudden CoD comes out and your posse runs out and gets it and idles over there leaving you all alone.

Please remove the number of viewers that way no one knows where the people gather.

That information is completely useless anyway. Serves only as a big neon sign for trolls.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timej31 View Post
That information is completely useless anyway. Serves only as a big neon sign for trolls.
uhm.. i wasn't thinking about luthier as a troll..

interesting.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
And your a bunch of whingeing fools, its a game. For crying out loud ppl the sky is not falling on your heads....
very true krupi...the sky is not falling but it is stuttering

S!
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
While theres no denying ROF looks nice enough and the 'free' demo is quite good, can't say I'm impressed with the 'rip off' sales model, surely the ROF fanclub should be gushing over on the ROF forum?
When i heard the business model they chose 2 years ago i started calling it "Rise of PayPer Plane" and walked away.

But I am enjoying the demo and may invest

S!
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT