Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvilfolk View Post
Jesus... do we need the dev team to babysit us? Go do something else and don't think about it.

There are no realistic or definite ETAs in software development, deal with it. We know what they're working on, and when something comes out, it'll be out.
i said "aimed to be", not when it will be ULTIMATETOTALLYREALISTICDEFINATELYFORSURE
You smart (ie)

Winger

PS: I am not asking them to everyday tell us whats going on in their office. But 2 sentences every week that wether say: "We are working and getting close to solve problem XY" OR "We nailed problem XY and are currently working to resolve it. At the moment we cant tell any ETA". Or something like that. THIS in fact would serve the community to feel informed and threads like this would not even appear on the forums.

Last edited by Winger; 05-29-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Jesus... do we need the dev team to babysit us? Go do something else and don't think about it.

There are no realistic or definite ETAs in software development, deal with it. We know what they're working on, and when something comes out, it'll be out.
They have my Money !
We know what they're working on.
Realy ???
Old 05-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Approved Member

Easy equation, since quite a few guys tend to lurk around these forums, looking for news:

Good Community Management = News about Fixes,Updates, etc. = Sales

Bad Community Management = No News = Less Sales

Easy as that. It's one thing to release a broken product because you are running short on funds or your publisher wants it out, but it's a completely different thing to drop a blanket over the mess and pretend it is not there. I do work a lot as well, yet when I have to do stuff like this, I usually do find some 2-3 minutes to write an email or a memo, no matter how busy I am. It's called marketing, something that should have by now been imported to Russia, just like into any other country. No offence, but it's not that hard.

No need for the smarta**ery "they don't need to babysit us".
Old 05-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Maybe it's just a sign that they are incredibly busy? Luthier said that if he isn't around the forums a lot, then it's a sign that they are hard at work.
Regarding a forum manager, then that will come when the team decide to introduce him/her. Whenever this will be only they can say. I am sure that they all know what the community wants/expects, so I don't think we need to worry that they are completely detached (despite what CloD's release might say about them).
Old 05-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

The fact that 1C has an enthusiast community that is interested in knowing the progress and is willing to work with the vendor is a huge plus.

This is called customer/vendor relationship management. A little communication goes a long way and provides a lot of value for minimum effort.

As far as this comment "no realistic or definite ETAs in software development," I just have to laugh. I hope you never work on any of my projects. LOL
Old 05-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Approved Member

I agree on the need of info.

Here is an example of another sim keeping the customers informed. Look at the dates the Producer posted.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=71156
Old 05-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Approved Member

Wags for DCS-A10C
Good example
but i thing Luthier is very busy right now for the next update
Don't worry mates
he will reply soon
Old 05-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

A weekly update is the least they can do.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skouras View Post
Wags for DCS-A10C
Good example
1c could learn a lot from DCS!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadczar View Post
1c could learn a lot from DCS!