Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Approved Member

Here too SLI system and Crossfire sytems I can compare both..

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/
Old 04-28-2011, 06:26 AM
Approved Member

Just a technical note for multi GPU users :

- Put in your system specs the PSU wattage, multi GPU systems are power hungry ones, the lack or power can cause poor performance and even system resetting.

- Multi gpu systems are CPU demanding too, a CPU bottleneck in multi GPU system cause a weird shuttering similar to the lag in multiplayer games.

Also add crossfire and SLI support dont mean instant FPS boost because a SLI profile or AMD application profile is needed to handle the multi GPU configuration.

Maybe the lack of this application profile is what is causing the wrong GPU clock in ATI cards too.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Approved Member

S!

Overclock the cards like 5MHz and try again. I get full clocks in CoD. Also test different CrossFire profiles, might help.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:39 AM
Approved Member

If you serach back far enough you'll find a comment from Oleg that they'd had discussions with NVidia but AMD/ATI didn't even respond to their emails. One of the big complaints in the past was that IL2 was 'optimised' for Nvidia, but once again ATI couldn't care enough to talk to the developers.

Guess that Il-2 too small a market to be worried about.

Not that this has help the SLI crowd so far but without the graphics card manufactures input it makes it even harder for the software developers.

Cheers!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:19 AM
Approved Member

now i believe there is real full screen support because now i see crossfire logo on upper right corner when i enable logo from CCC.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Langnasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
If you serach back far enough you'll find a comment from Oleg that they'd had discussions with NVidia but AMD/ATI didn't even respond to their emails. One of the big complaints in the past was that IL2 was 'optimised' for Nvidia, but once again ATI couldn't care enough to talk to the developers.

Guess that Il-2 too small a market to be worried about.

Not that this has help the SLI crowd so far but without the graphics card manufactures input it makes it even harder for the software developers.

Cheers!
I haven't bought an ATI card since the 9700, and the above is yet another good reason to continue to avoid them.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langnasen View Post
I haven't bought an ATI card since the 9700, and the above is yet another good reason to continue to avoid them.
I have built scores of systems over the years with both types of cards. Nothing wrong with ATI/AMD drivers or how they run in games. Also the fact that ATI/AMD didn't reply to Olegs emails does not make them worthless for CoD. It also doesn't make Nvidia cards a better choice, I mean it isn't like CoD is running flawlessly on either manufacturers cards is it.

My experience with both cards is that sometimes games work better on one type or the other. Sometimes drivers are good sometime they are bad, again for both sides.

I find it kind of idiotic for someone to proclaim an entire range of products not worthy of purchase, despite not having tried one since a 9700 that was released in 2002.

Last edited by ICDP; 04-28-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

Default Ati vs. nVidia

ICDP: +1 (bit of an inane comment, that ). Before this turns into another Ati/nVidia flame war; I build game stations as a hobby, and have never found an appreciable difference between the two. It takes nit-pickers like THG to examine the finer details of AA performance or image quality that 99% of users would never notice.

I personally have not had any difficulty in running this game after the first beta patch release, but then maybe I’m just lucky. Not using multi gpu’s is a benefit at the moment, but this issue is likely to be addressed sooner or later. I haven’t had the chance to try the latest patch yet, but will post my findings when I do.

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
Old 04-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Approved Member

Did Anyone try RadeonPro yet?

http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/

Quote:
Featuring basic 3D controls for everybody's use and advanced controls like Scripting, Driver Compatibility feature, Compabitility profiles for Anti-Aliasing and CrossfireX, allowing advanced users to automate tasks like overclocking before gaming, and things not possible before like forcing Anti-Aliasing on games not yet supported by the Catalyst driver. RadeonPro can also help CrossfireX users to force multi-GPU utilization in games not supported by the driver, improving your games performance with a few clicks.
Basically what it does is let you apply CrossfireX profiles made for other games and use them for CoD.

If you check the site for the latest 11.4 WHQL drivers ( http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...win7-64.aspx#1 ) you can see several CrossfireX profiles have been added which resolve Negative Crossfire Scaling for several games like Test Drive and stuff, I wonder if applying one of those to CoD would help but I don´t run Crossfire myself so Im not able to test it
Old 04-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

Thats true you can get some more fps when use gameprofiles, but at this state there is something really broken on In clod code, i got good fps but it stutters like hell, gameprofile cannot cure that, that problems in in clod code itself.

I think there is some good news too, now clod see both of my gpu's before it working without large stutter but only find 1gpu, so now start sli/crossfire optimisation.