Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53Frankyboy
They are also working on Project Galba - a Korean War flightsim based on the SoW engine.
Ooh, nice...F86 ftw...hope THAT gets released after BoB for sure!
Old 11-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

I'm so done wating for BoB.

From experience in the workplace I know how hard it is to release software. I totally understand that part. But damn, this is just getting sad.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still playing and enjoying IL-2, but the flightsim market is as good as dead, especially the combat flight sim market. What do we have out there for "modern" flight sims? MS flight Sim X and X-Plane?

When is the last time we got a good combat flight sim?

Maybe Im just frustrated with the wait.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Merlin
I'm so done wating for BoB.

From experience in the workplace I know how hard it is to release software. I totally understand that part. But damn, this is just getting sad.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still playing and enjoying IL-2, but the flightsim market is as good as dead, especially the combat flight sim market. What do we have out there for "modern" flight sims? MS flight Sim X and X-Plane?

When is the last time we got a good combat flight sim?

Maybe Im just frustrated with the wait.
Why? It's going to be a trade off.

SOW:BoB looks awesome and I will readily snap it up, however.... I almost don't want it to come out any time soon.

Once it does, IL2 '46 is as good as buried. We'll lose ALL those awesome planes and be stuck in like 5 crap planes with HUGE distances to travel (by god I hope they bump time compression up to like 32x for those slow ass planes).

The variety will be gone. Maps, planes, and what can be done as a result of those (to say nothing of carrier ops), all gone.

I'm not sure all the stuff we're going to be getting (and the system upgrades we're sure to have to do) will be worth the loss.

They can take their sweet old time. Let SOW:BoB take as long as Duke Nukem 4-ever.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

the view from France to the cliffs of Dover
Old 11-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Luv the signs of the increased optimism here.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

well well well... play.com at it again hehe.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar
So sieht's aus.

Ooops, forgot to write in english...

So looks it out.
LOL
Old 11-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzPig_DDT
Let SOW:BoB take as long as Duke Nukem 4-ever.
I bloody well hope not!!! Your PC will be in mothballs by then if that happens.

I must say, having a forum discussing release dates, instead of the developer discussing release dates, makes this all a little difficult to put to rest.

An example I want to put forward from another completely different release for a different genre game, FH2, has had many ex-BF2 players groaning about when it will be released. It has taken a very long time because it is developed by a small team with no apparent deadlines for release. Sound familiar? The reality is, despite the purists who will play it anyway because their life depends on it, many might shun the game or take it off their hard drive because they have moved onto other interests.

Now, before you start throwing mud pies at me for mentioning a game other than IL-2 or it's incarnations here in a post, firstly I love IL-2. It is easily the best flight sim out there. Unfortunately, my love of this game is waning because other games that take advantage of the newest technology are already being released, but BoB is still being developed with a big sign saying "hurry up and wait".

I'd really like to see a release date, but understand that these things do take time. I'd just like to point out that occasionally, some developers lose track of the people who are waiting for releases due to workload, and hope that 1C bear in mind that once-loyal devotees in the past have found interests elsewhere for their gaming. This would be especially so if another developer came out of nowhere with a CFS that had the goods.

The gaming industry is moving ahead in leaps and bounds at the moment, but you could also say that this means for developers the risks are higher as consumers are bowled over with choices. When China gets it's act together and starts producing gaming software on a large scale, it will eventually be a developer powerhouse. Watch out everyone else.

My 2c anyway, sorry to bore you if that's how you felt.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

The paying customer should be treated with respect and not put through guessing games. There should be a release date or an estimate of a release date from IC not from gaming companies looking to make money on pre-orders.
This is the "1C Company Forum Index -> IL-2 Sturmovik" not the SoW:BoB forum after all.....
Old 11-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Approved Member

"Due for release on 01/04/2008"

three days later, three months more ... one month a day ... Oh No Stop It!