Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

I cannot load or record tracks. This issue has persisted from first install, beta patch and steam released patch.

After starting a mission I press escape to get to the menu and click the text to start recording. The game freezes after that and I have to end the launcher.exe process with the tast manager.

I downloaded some .trk files and placed them in the records directory in my documents folder. When I go to tracks and click select nothing happens, apparently for other people they are able to browse for a track to play. I just have nothing but the text on the screen and the background image. The game does not freeze at this point.

My system:
Windows 7 Pro - 64bit
i7-2600k
16 Gb ram
gtx580 1.5Gb
game installed on SSD.

Systems is a fairly freshly installed, about 2 months ago.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Default Performance slightly worse after patch

Prior to the patch I had managed to get the game running reasonably well with Forests = off, Grass = off, Shadows = off and Buildings = Lowest.

After the patch it's stuttering badly again, even with the above settings and after doing the right click on the launcher.exe to change that setting mentioned in the patch thread.

Dell XPS 700
4GB Ram
800 GB HD
Two Nvidia 9800 graphics cards
Dual Core
Windows 7

Not allowed to rant or complain, so that's all...
Old 04-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

1. Implement Force Feedback.

2. Problems recognizing all available axes on multiple controllers (intermittent)

3. Could use SSAO checkbox option in Video Options, at least until you can get playable framerates.

4. Non-native video resolutions don't scale properly.

5. Separate Shadows options for cockpit, forest/buildings, terrain would be nice (Gotta have the cockpit shadows but can live without the rest for now) if possible.

6. Launcher.exe crashes everytime whenever restarting application after video option change

7. Oh and FORCE FEEDBACK (just in case you forgot).

8. Somebody please get in touch with Vincent or somebody over at NaturalPoint to add in a TrackIR profile for CoD.

There's a ton more but besides the obvious major performance issues like hitching, the rest can wait.

Last edited by CharveL; 04-10-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPepper View Post
I cannot load or record tracks. This issue has persisted from first install, beta patch and steam released patch.

After starting a mission I press escape to get to the menu and click the text to start recording. The game freezes after that and I have to end the launcher.exe process with the tast manager.

I downloaded some .trk files and placed them in the records directory in my documents folder. When I go to tracks and click select nothing happens, apparently for other people they are able to browse for a track to play. I just have nothing but the text on the screen and the background image. The game does not freeze at this point.

My system:
Windows 7 Pro - 64bit
i7-2600k
16 Gb ram
gtx580 1.5Gb
game installed on SSD.

Systems is a fairly freshly installed, about 2 months ago.
Go to Launcher.exe properties, compatibility tab, uncheck Disable Visual Decoration.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Go to Launcher.exe properties, compatibility tab, uncheck Disable Visual Decoration.
Nice find! Works great now, although the setting was called "Disable Visual Themes" for me.

Going to post this advice in some other threads with people having a similar problem.

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

Toggling Snap/Pan mode doesn't seem to work as expected for me.

The view never snaps back to look forward and it just seems to disable the hat switch.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Approved Member

Multi-Core support

Particle effects, need to be on PhysX along with explosions and bits falling off planes

Pre-load/ Caching needs to be sorted so a fresh quick/ single mission is run each time

Ambient Occlusion needs to be sorted, as well as Anti-Aliasing

Trees need to be sorted (1946/ but especially FSX had the same problem with too many trees) as well as some sort of hit box for the forest/s.

Last edited by Wolf_Rider; 04-11-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Approved Member

Forest set to 'very low' refuses to save and reverts to off.
AI Wingmen will crash into landscape while player attempts to land - IL2 used to have the same issue.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Approved Member

Interesting one...

When a defiant hits the ground, not sure about sea, the cockpit and inside sound of my aircraft (seeing as I am watching it crash from inside the cockpit) disappear and the explosion of the crashed plane never comes.

I am flying: 3bf109 e3B vs 6 defiants

6870 1gb, q8400, 4GB DDR2 ram (800), win7 x64.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:24 AM
Approved Member

1. Have the elevator trim set to default of '0' in the bf109-E3 instead of +5

2. Radiator settings display rods on bf109 wings are reversed http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20797

3. Make the negative G cut out an extra option in the realism panel as it shouldn't be part of CEM.

4. Lockable tail wheel for the aircraft that are supposed to have it.

Last edited by xnomad; 04-11-2011 at 02:34 AM.