Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 04-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Have you guys turned off the mirror (Press M)?
yes I tried that and it does make a slight difference too, and it's just as well because the mirror is pretty crap for now, lots of weird stuff going on with it.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prop~Strike View Post
Have you guys turned off the mirror (Press M)?

That could be messing with your forward view - I pick up about 8fps if I switch it off.....could be causing the stutter.

It was off with the old graphic card but now it does not make a big difference.

Have a lot of hours of flight.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseispcc View Post
It was off with the old graphic card but now it does not make a big difference.

Have a lot of hours of flight.
So Senseipcc, you like your nvidia GTX580? It handles well you would say. I was looking at purchasing one!

Just to add to the hype, I've spent some time reading for example on AMD 2GB GPU cards, like the 5970.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/..._performance/3

Last edited by sfmadmax; 04-05-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

Smile I like Nvidia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmadmax View Post
So Senseipcc, you like your nvidia GTX580? It handles well you would say. I was looking at purchasing one!

Just to add to the hype, I've spent some time reading for example on AMD 2GB GPU cards, like the 5970.

I like Nvidia, this is because I always work with Intel CPU's and it is a natural combination or so it seems. Most of the games some time ago did work better with Nvidia than with ATI but it change quickly. The GeForce gtx 580 is a great card the fastest for this game and without any change in drivers.

Buy what you can afford and do like. Sorry but this game at this stage of development needs a big CPU a lot of memory and a very very fast graphic card.

Maybe with the next and first patch.

One last note, do not change from Nvidia to ATI if you do not want to change your OS "operating system".

Have a nice day.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

I think many people are jumping the gun so to speak. The game is not exactly finished and the optimization is pretty bad right now which had been confirmed. Just give the devs time to work out the kinks. All this extra work you guys are doing, scrambling around to squeeze every last ounce of performance will probably turn out to be in vein and you will see much better improvements once a few patches are released. Patients is a virtue as they say. You've waited this long, you can wait a few weeks or months more. In the end all these little hickups and bumps in the road will all become a fading memory.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseispcc View Post
I like Nvidia, this is because I always work with Intel CPU's and it is a natural combination or so it seems. Most of the games some time ago did work better with Nvidia than with ATI but it change quickly. The GeForce gtx 580 is a great card the fastest for this game and without any change in drivers.

Buy what you can afford and do like. Sorry but this game at this stage of development needs a big CPU a lot of memory and a very very fast graphic card.

Maybe with the next and first patch.

One last note, do not change from Nvidia to ATI if you do not want to change your OS "operating system".

Have a nice day.
Sure you can change your video. from nvidia to ati. You must be sure that the nvidia drivers are completely uninstalled before doing so. or else you get bsod
Old 04-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

Smile A patch next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfxcasey View Post
I think many people are jumping the gun so to speak. The game is not exactly finished and the optimization is pretty bad right now which had been confirmed. Just give the devs time to work out the kinks. All this extra work you guys are doing, scrambling around to squeeze every last ounce of performance will probably turn out to be in vein and you will see much better improvements once a few patches are released. Patients is a virtue as they say. You've waited this long, you can wait a few weeks or months more. In the end all these little hickups and bumps in the road will all become a fading memory.

It is more and more difficult to present a finished game of this calibre. Yes there should be one or more patches. This is the most beautiful air wargame I did play, I played a lot of them begining with "Battlehawk 1942" and then one day not so long ago "IL2 sturmovik".
Old 04-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Yeeeees!!!

There is hope! I will be able to play CoD in 3 years time (when earn so much money for the computer )