Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

u got right! of course more speed cause more Gs ^^

so the f4 was the hightest peak of evolution in bf 109s development.
the g2 is compareable but leaks of its added features. the frame of the plane was developed many years ago.

thanks for replys

the funny thing is, that doesnt help against spits who have a better turning rate in good hands while the guns are double as much as the bfs f4 and g2 got.

one question i had at least is about the g10!

it once was my favorite but i recognised it has some bumps on the wings. i thougt they where keeping the landing gear. right? why the g10 only has 3 guns. and no mk 108?

Last edited by Dementia_Seven; 03-30-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

Talking I choose the g2 model

I like the g2 best... I feel at ground level in simulator it can be very elusive. It has enough firepower to compliment a good deflection shot (where its advantage lies). It also has the speed and maneuverability to make a quick escape. It does not in my opinion black out as much in the turns as a spit does. The g10 is comparable, but my understanding is that it cannon is bigger?? Not certain but, bezshimney flew it a bunch and swore by it.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grislawskijg52 View Post
I like the g2 best... I feel at ground level in simulator it can be very elusive. It has enough firepower to compliment a good deflection shot (where its advantage lies). It also has the speed and maneuverability to make a quick escape. It does not in my opinion black out as much in the turns as a spit does. The g10 is comparable, but my understanding is that it cannon is bigger?? Not certain but, bezshimney flew it a bunch and swore by it.
The G10 in the game is fitted with the same 20mm MK151/20 cannon that is in the F4,G2 and the K4's gondola gun pods.

By the way the MK151/20 fired twice as fast as the the MG FF 20mm cannons in the 109E, and it had much higher muzzle velocity, making it far more effective against armour. So the 1 cannon on the 109F4/G2/G10 is better than 2 on the 109E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementia_Seven View Post

one question i had at least is about the g10!

it once was my favorite but i recognised it has some bumps on the wings. i thougt they where keeping the landing gear. right? why the g10 only has 3 guns. and no mk 108?
I forgot to finish what I was saying about the G2 having created some unwanted/dangerous handling on take off and landing. Well to fix this for the next update (109G4) they found they needed to have larger wheels, and thus the G4 and later G variants had those drag creating lumps on the wings to acomodate the big wheels and also a drag creating unretractable tail wheel (The 109K repackaged everything to cut down the drag again to offset the even greater weight gain).

All this extra drag and weight made the G6 a bit of a pig in a dogfight especialy with the extra wing cannons fitted to take out bombers.
So the reason the G10 didn't have a MK108 and wasn't fitted with gondola wing pod cannons was to save weight and return some of its fighter qualities . The G10 was designed as a high altitude dogfighter with a enlarged supercharger to provide cover for the G6 bomber killers.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 03-31-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Personaly I have never felt the G2 to have more firepower than the F4. You are probably flying faster in the G2 while turning causing more blackout even though the turn is larger. Everything has to be done at a higher speed in the G2.

There is a spreadsheet that someone made back when the game was new, Its hiding somewhere on this forum. Its turn stats were flawed because he used low elevator sensitivity, but you can still compare the 109s performances against each other. I remember the 109F was the quickest to complete a turn.
I found the thread with the BoP plane data.http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10262

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 03-31-2011, 11:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementia_Seven View Post

..cut...

BOTH PLANES GOT THE SAME GUNS!

why the g2 is seem to be a better killer?

...cut..

I am not sure.... i remember clearly thatn G2 have bigger bore weapon.

Go into the HANGAR and examine G2 weapon and F4 weapon, you will notice that G2 have bigger caliber.... i'm 99% sure
Old 03-31-2011, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

the f4 and g2 both have a 151 20mm cannon.

Last edited by BRIGGBOY; 03-31-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

I think maybe it's an error. The G2 could have the 30mm instead of the 20mm.

There are a few historical errors and wrong numbers, could just be one of those.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIGGBOY View Post
the f4 and g2 both have a 151 20mm cannon.
Alright so maybe in game G2 is faster but more heavy that cause to be bit less agile than F4.
Shooting from an heavy plane make a bit stable platform and maybe the bullet accourancy is increased.

who knows? lol
Old 03-31-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

G2 reigns supreme
Old 03-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Approved Member

thank u all for reply

i had my confusion stoped. i say both planes are nearly the same. the higher speed of the g2 could give the bullets more power, thats right.

i would say for me this thread is closed

thx to all