Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Approved Member

I think this thread should be locked, people here are writing so many absurdity
Old 03-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Approved Member

I'm surprised that he has stayed so long on this project, publishers messing him around, constant whineing from forum members who are too narrow minded and self centred to realise that this is potentially the last highly detailed ww2 flight simulator that is for the gamer rather than for money.

@Oleg
Sorry to hear you are leaving, I hope it isn't true but you and your team deserve a break after 6 years of back breaking work in a dwindling genre... I hope il2:clod is a hit so even if you don't come back at least you can retire from game development knowing you have proven hard work is rewarded.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

I think we should all hang fire and wait for some clarification before relying on a notoriously poor translation software interpretation of what may have been an off the cuff reaction.

Have to say though that Oleg has looked ill in just about all the photos I've seen of him recently. Looked like someone under immense stress.

Presumably though, Luthier will take the helm in the event that Oleg decides to focus on other things...?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Approved Member

just go independant and release on steam like everyone else

its better for everyone that way and you dont have to listen to the clowns at ubisoft
Old 03-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albx View Post
From what i understood, Oleg is angry with the publisher...

@Bowtome, don't jump on conclusions that are not written in the message Oleg wrote, he is not blaming the users
What is he going to do run a Mcdonalds, if he did say that he probably was just pissed off. While Im sure developing a sim is frustrating, working for yourself if you can make a decent living is still better than workin for the man.
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 03-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

Don't forget he did do an interview a while ago saying he was going to do something else ,if the game is completed he has got to move on to make a living.
It is now in the hands of the publishers and advertising teams,the development side SHOULD really be done for the time being.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

Seems that my joke last year about 'yak-farming in the Crimea' may not have been that wide of the mark.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Approved Member

We know what did happen to Lock-On some years ago.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumper View Post
Don't forget he did do an interview a while ago saying he was going to do something else ,if the game is completed he has got to move on to make a living.
It is now in the hands of the publishers and advertising teams,the development side SHOULD really be done for the time being.

I think what he said was that he would do other thing at the same time as CoD. Judging from this post (hope its just bade translation) hes more than ticked of at UBI.

Either way, Oleg leaving game development entirely would be a loss of epic proportions.

Its not so far of thinking that he cant "leave" UBI. They simply own the publishing rights in the west so seeing a "new" Oleg and team independent from UBI is highly unlikely.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

If there is any truth to this, Oleg hang in there, dont jump off so close to the finish line. U know there are thousands of fans that will do a much better job in advertising this game than UBI ever could.

Tell us what to do and we`l do a better job than any publishing company.