Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

Maybe translation from Oxford English to US-ian English takes a bit longer too?
Old 03-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

Here in the US there is a church on every street corner. Every church is filled with at least 10 lawyers. Oleg heard all the whining and moaning from this side of the pond and is worried. If there are too many bugs he thinks he's going to be sued by all his US customers. That's why the Euro's get to be beta testers for a month.

It always takes a bit of time before we get the latest and the greatest. So far we were behind on WW1, WW2, high gas prices, HD television and compact cars. Most of the above have saved us either a bunch of lives, money or both, over the years.

In all seriousness though, I hope the staggered delay does not give the pirates a headstart. That's the reason you now see world wide movie and DVD releases.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:30 AM
Approved Member

well historically the US did enter the war quite late (mid 1938 for Munich Crisis versus 3 weeks off new year 1942 for Pearl Harbor) so maybe its some sort of historical accuracy thing ....
Old 03-21-2011, 04:21 AM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

It has been a very long time.

What is another month?

The way I see it, the forums will buzz with a ton of great information the first month. That way, those of us who need an upgrade in hardware can be taking stock and buying what we need.

Also, configurations will be alot of discussion as well. The CHProducts setups will have a bunch working to get good profiles, which won't be done in a week or two. It could take the whole month just for CHProducts profiles to be adequate.

Then you have to think about sound and video configurations based on the type of hardware you have.

No steam download for me as far as I can tell. I'm an offline player and I don't want to have to stay online when I use COD. If I have to do something like a logon to steam and then go completely offline and use COD that will be fine. I just don't want to have to depend on IP and steam to keep a connection for offline use.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:29 AM
Global Moderator

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigC208 View Post
Here in the US there is a church on every street corner. Every church is filled with at least 10 lawyers. Oleg heard all the whining and moaning from this side of the pond and is worried. If there are too many bugs he thinks he's going to be sued by all his US customers. That's why the Euro's get to be beta testers for a month.

It always takes a bit of time before we get the latest and the greatest. So far we were behind on WW1, WW2, high gas prices, HD television and compact cars. Most of the above have saved us either a bunch of lives, money or both, over the years.

In all seriousness though, I hope the staggered delay does not give the pirates a headstart. That's the reason you now see world wide movie and DVD releases.
What is the correlation between churches and lawyers?

There is none, I guess you are trying to make some kind of disparaging statement, and can't fit the words to your thoughts.

Oleg has nothing to do with the release dates that has been mentioned over and over. The international distributor is UbiSoft, and the Russian distributor is 1C Company.

You should go over to Ubisoft and make your thoughts known, or better still maybe just ask them. You might actually get an answer, there is no conspiracy.

Last edited by nearmiss; 03-21-2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMF View Post
Maybe translation from Oxford English to US-ian English takes a bit longer too?
I think you are right, I do remember reading about it a few months ago and really what other reason ? Europe AND Australia first, US and Canada later...

It would be silly for just the few words but maybe there are other differences ?

Last edited by louisv; 03-21-2011 at 08:03 AM. Reason: detail
Old 03-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisv View Post
I think you are right, I do remember reading about it a few months ago and really what other reason ? Europe AND Australia first, US and Canada later...

It would be silly for just the few words but maybe there are other differences ?
This is all daft, we have a ww2 SIM with english pilots and they have to convert English to American, surely it is no longer an accurate sim?

So where as , a pilot might say "That poor boy got his arse shot off" in the american version will he say "that poor boy got his fanny shot off"
?
Old 03-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Approved Member

Maybe Ubi US just decided to release it later than EMEA?
The distribution zones are independant, not forced on releasing games the same day or even month, except big Ubi titles.

May depend also on what the competition releases (though in the case of CoD I doubt that it enters in the equation).
Old 03-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
What is the correlation between churches and lawyers?

There is none, I guess you are trying to make some kind of disparaging statement, and can't fit the words to your thoughts.

Oleg has nothing to do with the release dates that has been mentioned over and over. The international distributor is UbiSoft, and the Russian distributor is 1C Company.

You should go over to Ubisoft and make your thoughts known, or better still maybe just ask them. You might actually get an answer, there is no conspiracy.
I think at UBI the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing. No one there is likely really in charge of CoD hence the lack of accurate info!!
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens