Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pencil View Post
What boxed?

I have only seen download!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorin View Post
Guys, download only for the Collector's edition? Think about it, do you download a cloth map? Certainly not, so of course the CE will be a box you can hold in your hands.
The problem is that you can only see ubisoft usa, the uk site list the collectors edition... feel bad for you guys its a pain for us when usa get games days before us, but to not have a choice sucks.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorin View Post
Guys, download only for the Collector's edition? Think about it, do you download a cloth map? Certainly not, so of course the CE will be a box you can hold in your hands.
What they probably mean is they don't get an option to get the CE, only the download edition.

This happens to everyone who has a local ubishop branch but doesn't reside in the UK and also those who don't have a local ubishop mirror and get forwarded to the UK one but they are not UK residents: it reads your IP and unless you're within the UK you can only get the regular boxed and download versions from your local ubishop mirror, or just the download one if you don't have a local ubishop branch.

Personally, i ordered it via a relative who's studying in the UK as i found no other way to get neither a CE nor a regular boxed copy.

However, a few days ago a forum/community manager over on Ubi forums said the CE and boxed editions will eventually be available throughout Europe. Maybe they are just not up to speed with their production of items yet, or they just plan to milk the download version for all it's worth and then release the boxed versions worldwide at a later date.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
What they probably mean is they don't get an option to get the CE, only the download edition.

This happens to everyone who has a local ubishop branch but doesn't reside in the UK and also those who don't have a local ubishop mirror and get forwarded to the UK one but they are not UK residents: it reads your IP and unless you're within the UK you can only get the regular boxed and download versions from your local ubishop mirror, or just the download one if you don't have a local ubishop branch.

Personally, i ordered it via a relative who's studying in the UK as i found no other way to get neither a CE nor a regular boxed copy.

However, a few days ago a forum/community manager over on Ubi forums said the CE and boxed editions will eventually be available throughout Europe. Maybe they are just not up to speed with their production of items yet, or they just plan to milk the download version for all it's worth and then release the boxed versions worldwide at a later date.
dont forget about Region coding blackdog
Old 03-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post

One word comes to mind:

Jerks
Old 03-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
dont forget about Region coding blackdog
Well, i'm in Europe and i pre-ordered a CE via a relative in the UK, so i guess i won't have any trouble with region lock. Unless we hear otherwise, it's 10 days till release and i suspect up to a week or so to have it mailed to me, fingers crossed
Old 03-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

On my CE order UBI say it will be dispatched on the 21st (next Monday), so it could be with you sooner...
Old 03-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Don't forget that we are going to have to activate the game through Steam which means that even if the game does come early it is doubtful we will be able to play it, which sucks!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

I hope that earplugs are included because there will be a lot of whining going on
Old 03-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

i just ordered the CE from EB Games here in australia, the guy at the store said it was due for release on the 25, so it is out there. from memory it comes with a map and a 140 page manual

Cheers
Craig
Old 03-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo65 View Post
On my CE order UBI say it will be dispatched on the 21st (next Monday), so it could be with you sooner...
Same here - 21st March, i.e next Monday.

Seem to recall Spitfire Mk1 pilot's notes and map being included in CE.

Shame it doesn't include helmet, goggles and dictionary of 1940's RAF slang, but we can't have everything I suppose.