Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
Possibly. Then again I wonder what the Call of Duty community would say about people who like combat flight sims...
well i would not ask the battlefield community....the response will be quick and very rude.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:51 AM
Approved Member

So much hate and intolerance on this thread.So FSX gamers like to call themselves pilots?Whats wrong with that?Cant people really enjoy what they like????I've never played FSX but I cant stand so much unjustified attacks on people because they are really into a commercial flight sim.If I go out now and buy Flight Simulator Ill become a nerd??I thought the Il-2 community consisted mostly of adults but from some of these comments it seems there are a lot of kids waiting for Cliffs of Dover.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 AM
Approved Member

That's exactly what the MS flight sims are... a commercial airline flight simulator.

Comparing MSFS to il2 is like comparing apples and oranges... sure, they're both fruit but both have completely different characteristcs.

I have to agree on the "kids waiting" thing
Old 01-29-2011, 04:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggit View Post
well i would not ask the battlefield community....the response will be quick and very rude.
I dont think that would be the case. I'm ranked somewhere near the top 1000 and in Battlefield 2. I think most playing Battlefield 2 would dig this game if they would just give it a chance.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunden View Post
I dont think that would be the case. I'm ranked somewhere near the top 1000 and in Battlefield 2. I think most playing Battlefield 2 would dig this game if they would just give it a chance.
Ahhh, I remember countless hours waiting in line for the BF2 plane. OMG THAT **** GOT IT AGAIN???

(Pulls out machine gun) MY TURN NOW!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
Honestly?

I think FSX players(no, wait - they call themselves "pilots") are a bunch of nerds.
And with nerds I really mean it in the most negative way.
I actually have to agree with Swiss here, and I sometimes 'fly' on FSX myself.

So far FSX plus add-ons must have cost me in excess of £200.
I'm currently doing a 'tour of europe' add-on that cost £10, but to make it interesting I spent a further £30 on scenery.
You take off in a plane that does 110mph max, climb to altitude, set course, trim for straight and level, then sit there.
And sit there.
And sit there.
'Look, there's a lake!' (Oh, forgot..no-one to talk to about it.)
Tum-te-tum......
Some of these flights take 3 hours to complete, and the most exciting part is finding the correct route on the taxiway.
It's psychologically damaging in my view, and should be banned.
Nerds?
You can say that again!
Old 01-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
I actually have to agree with Swiss here, and I sometimes 'fly' on FSX myself.

So far FSX plus add-ons must have cost me in excess of £200.
I'm currently doing a 'tour of europe' add-on that cost £10, but to make it interesting I spent a further £30 on scenery.
You take off in a plane that does 110mph max, climb to altitude, set course, trim for straight and level, then sit there.
And sit there.
And sit there.
'Look, there's a lake!' (Oh, forgot..no-one to talk to about it.)
Tum-te-tum......
Some of these flights take 3 hours to complete, and the most exciting part is finding the correct route on the taxiway.
It's psychologically damaging in my view, and should be banned.
Nerds?
You can say that again!
Its just your opinion!You just dont like it,heck that does sounds boring,but you cant say a game is bad or call the people who play it nerds because you dont like it.What kind of reasoning is that???Hey I love green, you must suck because you like blue, shame on you.Get it?
Old 01-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

Playing FSX was as exciting/rewarding as watching paint dry.

It's whole system of ground and cloud texturing is totally wrong for a combat simulator.

The only way I'd ever install/play it again is if I could get an F22 with operable weapons, and bag a 747 or two on one of those uptight ATC role playing servers. Listening to those dweebs freak out would be the pinnacle of gaming achievement.

And fun too...

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 01-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
Playing FSX was as exciting/rewarding as watching paint dry.

It's whole system of ground and cloud texturing is totally wrong for a combat simulator.

The only way I'd ever install/play it again is if I could get an F22 with operable weapons, and bag a 747 or two on one of those uptight ATC role playing servers. Listening to those dweebs freak out would be the pinnacle of gaming achievement.

And fun too...
FSX is not a combat simulator,is a commercial flight sim.What do commercial planes do? Travel long distances.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

The screeny's look stunning looks like it may have potential. I'll have to watch out for the really tough and very cool cliffs of Dover pilots though.