Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Approved Member

First off, let me give my deepest thanks and appreciation to TD for their outstanding addition to this already fantastic combat simulation. Please do not take this next comment as a criticism, but merely a suggestion.

The Morse code for the ZB Hay Rake is almost impossible to understand. The volume is very low, and the code comes very fast. As a professional pilot, I am very used to tuning into a VOR and identifying it by listening to the Morse code identifier, which comes over the radio much slower than this. I also realize that the way TD did theirs is probably exactly what it must have sounded like back then in RL. The problem is, most of us are not HAM radio operators or professionally trained to read Morse code. Is there a way to change the sound files for the Morse code to a louder and slower version??
Old 01-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

hey guys!
now i think i learned the ropes, considering the lorenz landing system.i set up a night mission in fmb and it worked fine. but there is another question i have. i flew in slowakia and gave the airfield lights,but these are always visible.what do i have to do, that i can request the landing lights. i did, but nothing happened,may because there are already the ones i put on.do these landing lights only work on bigger concrete airfields,or on everyone?do i have to add them myself?if so,which one do i have to take.i found 4types in fmb,but i think they are lightening all the time.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

Razor: it isn't impossible. I've never used morse before but I've found the carrier loads of times now. It's just practice - you get used to it as it is in the game. I have a morse sheet in front of me and it works fine, even if I have to listen for a bit.

David: you need to assign the lights to your side (Red or Blue). If the lights are no side (white) then they stay on all the time. Try reading the 410m documentation again.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

hey Ian Boys!
yes i just recognized that you can assign the side to the lights.but i tried it now for about 6times and they never light up after my request.although im in front of the airfield!dont know what im doing wrong
Old 01-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

oh it worked one time.although i didnt do anything different.but the other six tries no lights appeared so i had to land without any vision.surprisingly it worked 4 of six times.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

oh and i forgot to say that in this mission i put no enemies in it,so that cant be the reason for not showing up the lights
Old 01-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Ian. I realize it's not impossible, just looking for a crutch I suppose LOL! I'll work on it some more. Any advise for adjusting the volume? Is it controlled by the Objects volume?
Old 01-10-2011, 02:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT-51_Razor View Post
Thanks Ian. I realize it's not impossible, just looking for a crutch I suppose LOL! I'll work on it some more. Any advise for adjusting the volume? Is it controlled by the Objects volume?
Hello!
Static noise is controled by "Objects volume", morse code by "Music volume". Important is to find proper balance between those controls.
It worked for me.

~salute~
Old 01-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

Hey thanks FatBug!!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, I didn't know that. Good tip!