Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKoor View Post
I don't think they are mod team to start with.
+1. Perhaps moderators may correct the thread title. Neutonter is a newcomer (welcome!) and some imprecision is understandable .
As for the SB2C, many have requested it (including me, on a since disappeared thread about request to TD developers). The reason is simple: you can accept some missing plane in a land battle, but it’s much more difficult on the decks of aircraft carriers...
By the way, Avenger is present as AI only, while we have all models of F4F and F6F, so Gr***an can’t do more damage!

For the Japanese side, in my opinion the most sorely missing types are the Ki44 Shoki and Ki45 Toryu. I also believe that should be wiser to add more AI planes (as in the 4.10 patch), because they are simpler to made. If I’m not mistaken, a cockpit requires as much work as a whole new airframe.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Approved Member

It's many times overlooked that entire IL-2 series focused on specific theatre of operation (i.e. was time-space limited). Maps, flyable and AI planes, weaponry, static objects, missions, campaigns etc. were all typical for that battle or theatre. That's why there are gaps. That's why there are fantasy/rare planes in the sim with many real WW2 planes missing.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyTim View Post
It's many times overlooked that entire IL-2 series focused on specific theatre of operation (i.e. was time-space limited). Maps, flyable and AI planes, weaponry, static objects, missions, campaigns etc. were all typical for that battle or theatre. That's why there are gaps. That's why there are fantasy/rare planes in the sim with many real WW2 planes missing.
You are forgeting that after the original IL2 add ons like "Forgoten Battles" and "Pacific fighters" where brought out. And Pacific fighters had and has still very many gaps that it still can be called a "beta"-version.
As to missing Japanese planes, well for Burma missions we have not a single Japanese bomber for the IJA, only stock Japanese bombers that are flyable are the G4M1 and the Aichi Val both are IJN or navy planes, and the Japanese navy and the Japanese army kept to themselves they did not really mingle.
Also British ships as place holders for famous US ships is pretty poor.
Also the Japanese navy had more than aircraft carriers and a few destroyers in their navy too.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:31 AM
Approved Member

You seem pretty enthusiastic about the subject Wutz.

Maybe you could lend DT a hand and model some objects for them.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanator21 View Post
You seem pretty enthusiastic about the subject Wutz.

Maybe you could lend DT a hand and model some objects for them.
Just because one sees the obvious one must be a IT-Geek? What kind of logic is that?
If you are happy that IL2 1946 is reduced to a furball orgie good for you!
Guess you must be bored little boy to post just hot air?
Old 01-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanator21 View Post
If they were included, a lot of people would be compaining about the unbalanced and unfair planeset, and would continue to make up conspiracy theories.

BTW, NG also had a claim on many of the ships that would have been present in Pearl Harbor, as well as other planes and equipment, not just the Avenger.
Ok - just exactly how does NG have a claim to the ships?

Do you actually have any sort of info that would substantiate that kind of claim?

The U.S. Navy designed the ships of those days, not the contractors. Contractors designed some of the aircraft (not all). Navy yards and contract yards built the ships.

Let's not take this to the nth level please?

S!

Gunny
Old 01-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Approved Member

This might shed some light

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...465#9781059465

Conceivably the model could be renamed Carrier_Generic_2
Old 01-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monguse View Post
This might shed some light

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...465#9781059465

Conceivably the model could be renamed Carrier_Generic_2
O.k. that says something about certain CVs and F4Us but nothing about ships like the Arizona, Nevada, California, Tennessee, Maryland, West Virginia, Oklahoma and ex-battleship Utah. And those are sorely missing.
British Battleships as place holders just looks ugh....
It is almost like using IL2s for Helldivers.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

NG accquired various shipyards post-war and has therefor claimed "intellectual ownership" of the ships produced by said shipyards. In the current situation it's irrelevant if their claim is logical (which I think is a word which should not be used in one sentence with NG) or even legal (which I doubt as well) but the fact stands: Ubisoft struck a deal with NG and now we're stuck with said deal. Which means any aircraft and ship produced by companies under the NG umbrella (which aren't in the game ATM) will not be added by Team Daidalos. Same goes to any aircraft of NG not flyable will not be made flyable, either.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

This game has all Grumman products, even with semi-detailed graphics. Zeros also shoot the plane below down in hordes. I think I'll ask them how much they needed for the bribe...