Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Blasphemy! (Actually I just came back to AP after playing other things for like 9 months).

Giants may be worse than Ancient Ents. I've honestly only used either of them sparingly.

And peasants are pretty darn bad. Attack bonus' aren't going to help them deal with frailty issues and the inability to get to important targets when you need them to. What would you consider a worse level 1 unit? Devilfish Maybe?
i think in comparsion leadership to damage
peasants scored relatively high(at least used to be the best leadership damage factor) in legend

dunno if this is changed in kb:ap

a very epic set up would be

royal thorn/ents/ancient ents/thorn warriors/thorn shooters

this setup would be a pain in the ass

no ressucrection possible(at least not the easy way)

only time back would work

and think again of all the fire damage it takes hahah

anyone beating the game with this setup is epic

doing this without losses is impossible i would say :p
Old 06-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Approved Member

yea but the undead would be screwed against this army. necromancer cant ressurect any of them and bone dragons would barely do any damage since they all have such high resistance to poisen. Dragons would tear this army a new asshole but thats where spells like death star come in. Thier fire weakness is critical but each one of those units do fantastic damage for thier leadership and have pretty danm good defense. The royal thorns can summon thorns to soak up some damage and gain rage while the ents, ancient ents, and thorn shooters would decimate the enemy army. Besides, you could get that scroll from elon which gives a huge bonus to all thorns and ents. That would actually be a pretty good army if used right. Fighting any dragons would be a real pain in the ass though
Old 06-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Approved Member

i beg to differ

the point is U CANNOT resurrect any of em

so whatever damage your taking is a loss unless time back

and most are slow(thorn and ents)

warriors and shooters are the only fast ones
but they die VERY fast

and even with the royal thorn spawning
it pretty hard doing this no loss
Old 06-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

no loss?! i thought we are just talking about just beating the game. No that would not be possible. Time back works only for a few rounds prior. even if you kill baal and just have a small stack of imps you still couldn't get back all of your units because it takes how many rounds just to kill baal and his minions. Beating enemy heroes would work up until the final boss battles but you just would not be able to do it. my army through out the entire game always consist of dragons (bone,black,red, and green) and archdemons. This is the best army for crushing anyone as a mage. when you fight demons, you cast greasy mist to lower thier fire resistance and crush them and when you fight enemy heroes who cast geyser all the time, drop all your units off excepts one stack of black dragons and just run away from the units while casting fear, fire rain, and ball of lightning. Having all level 5 units also gives you advantage of casting fear on all troops besides level 5. Its quick, its easy, and it just works. You obviously cant ressurect any of them which is why i change the troops when fighting baal or k'tahuu. Anyways, i digress. The plant army is not possible when doing an impossible no loss challenge.

Last edited by clinek; 06-21-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Approved Member

could be with 1 single stack invisiblity of any of these units
^^

but then again baal and k'thatu xD
need alot of mana xD
Old 06-22-2010, 01:01 AM
Approved Member

Let's not worry about no loss, it isn't a realistic expectation with the worst units in the game.

Peasant damage is significantly worse than it looks, as they never get to attack first .
Old 06-22-2010, 01:13 AM
Approved Member

yea beating K'tahuu in and of itself would be almost if not impossible with those units. Besides, there would be no way to get past the units blocking the way to other islands. Its extremely difficult to beat those armies even when using all of your resources that early in the game. When you have a mage in rusty anchor who only has fire arrow that does 500 damage and really shitty units, its so hard. Kiting is a possibility but whats the point to travel to other islands if your only going to make your army weaker than it already is? This is a challenge that would seem to make the game less fun and more frustrating than it already is. I think ill just wait for KB:CW to come out besides, Im getting ready to take my PCAT's anyways so im going to have to ween my way away from this game for a little bit. Its like getting an infant off of a binkie
Old 06-22-2010, 03:57 AM
Approved Member

I was about to try this when something occurred to me. The biggest danger could be running out of a given unit type. I mean, if you choose Devilfish as your level 1, there may not BE even close to enough to build an army later on in the game. Not sure if 'cheating' to get a 'bad' army makes sense.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:59 AM
Approved Member

Here's what I'm going to use:

1 Devilfish (Ultimately I think they may end up being worse overall than peasants)
2 Miners
3 Bears
4 Demoness
5 Ogres
Old 06-22-2010, 04:32 AM
Approved Member

meh that´s a pretty good setup

use demoness to swap the fuckers

use phantom to the fullest
and smack the stacks

bears/ogres/miners bashing the targets that has been swapped is pure gosuness
^^