Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Approved Member

Not losing a single unit, even temporarily?

What did the enemy stacks do, light cigarettes and marvel at the surroundings?
Old 05-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

To Razorflame: I did write that I have not done impossible yet, only 2 normal and 2 hard games. I hope to do impossible mage, which I just started.

As for the other questions: the answer is obvious, is it not? Ask yourself: how can your troop survive the attack of an enemy troop that can kill even giants, and would destroy Glot's armour in one hit?

Only if they cannot hit you at all.

OK, enough teasing, you have already got it of course - Invisibility. But you can make invisible only one troop - is it possible to finish the game with just one? Well, so far I succeded to finish said 4 games, each with just 6 Archdemons, and that was the maximum, most of the game I had even less.

Further details to follow. (Or, perhaps, you would like to try this kind of game youself first?)

And yes, thorn hunters and royal thorns are such a pain in the arse - I ignored two inessential enemies in my last game because I was too tired to figure out how to deal away with bastards.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
Not losing a single unit, even temporarily?

What did the enemy stacks do, light cigarettes and marvel at the surroundings?
Indeed, that is what they have to do, poor devils, not seeing the enemy.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:53 AM
Approved Member

like i said try vs heroes

karador and xeona
no way u can succeed with invisibility

u can prove me wrong otherwise
Old 05-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post

karador and xeona

I'm fairly certain green dragons + invisibility has been used successfully against Karador. Playing as a mage, I believe.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post

karador and xeona

I am yet to meet both in Impossible, but at least in Hard, Xeona is a piece of cake - I do not even remeber what she had and what I did to them, sorry.

Karador is a bit of a nuisance, because he has got many troops and resurrects them, so the battle is long, and the longer the battle the higher the chance of a silly mistake - which I am so prone to! One of my life's current ambitions is to deal away with him first time. But apart from that, I would not say he is difficult. I just patiently stand invisible and hit his boys on the head with fire rain and gizmo, targeting shooters and long rangers first. When short of mana for invisibility, I use the Archdemons superior range to get away from trouble. Just take care where you stand when you are visible again, so that not only the enemy troops cannot reach you, but you also have somewhere safe to jump afterwards. It is not always obvious.

It is Bojaccio castle that is really tough for this kind of a game. After it, and provided you found Rage Predator, it is just 2-3 game days of more or less plain sailing. The part I have not mastered yet is in between that Freedom Islands holiday after you finished the Turtle and the capture of Bojaccio - I spend most of my time on that part wandering about in search of enemies I can deal with, and I am not happy with it. Perhaps, somebody else will have some smart idea.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

karador and xeona

i beg to differ. i beat Karador, xeona, and baal with invisibility on impossible with no losses. I have no idea why you would use archdemons though. Use Green dragons. Cast invisibility, then cast Battle command (whatever its called) to keep the initiative up. every 3 turns you can use a spell like fire rain or something while utilizing the magic drain ability of the dragon and using the grab ability. It works like a charm. what i dont understand from brother nicotine is how you managed to beat haas with any level 5 unit even with invisibility. It would not be possible. Since he cant use sheep, pygmy, or hypnotize, he will just nail you with armageddon and there will be no way to win with no losses. you are forced the use a lower level stack if you have a chance to beat haas without any losses.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

Haas is the easiest one. I would beat him with just one peasant if peasants had Initiative 6.

Use Invisibility, put on Glot's armour, raise Initiative and use Armageddon. Then repeat.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Approved Member

im pretty sure you still get burnt from armageddon even if you have glots armor so i dont think the one peasant thing would work but i see your point.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinek View Post
im pretty sure you still get burnt from armageddon even if you have glots armor so i dont think the one peasant thing would work but i see your point.
No you are not burnt at all! No matter what the damage, the Glot's armour absorbs it. If the damage exceeds Glot's defence, Glot's armour is destroyed, but your troop suffer no damage at all.