Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ludwig View Post
True, but black dragons are quite unfit for a no-loss game. And since in my last game (as a warrior) I had, if I remember correctly, 1,174 repair droids divided in two stacks of 587 each losing 60-70 each round due to Baal or K'Tahu or Gremlion mass attack is no problem, they just replenish each other and you can always phantom in more if needed.

As for quickly dispatching gremlin towers when suppressing items, I like the archdemons, which - through demonologists - have the advantage you can actually resurrect them.
How is it possible that you have 1174 repair droids? considering you use flaming eye +20% leadership and your royal hammer -15% leadership for dwarves, 1174 repair droids = 1174 * 80(1 - 15%) = 79832, your base leadership should be 79832 / (1+20%) = 66527!
Old 02-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

Cool, thanks for the info. I always thought the droids were the most useless waste of a units in the game. They could have done a lot better with the graphic/unit design for the droid units. They look like beer kegs with tiny little legs.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgriffin View Post
How is it possible that you have 1174 repair droids? considering you use flaming eye +20% leadership and your royal hammer -15% leadership for dwarves, 1174 repair droids = 1174 * 80(1 - 15%) = 79832, your base leadership should be 79832 / (1+20%) = 66527!
It were not 1174 but 1147, slight memory mistake there. Leadership with FE was 50,489. Besides the royal hammer I had also horn of King Borg (-10%, +5 AT) and engineer's badge (+2 IN and a juicy -20% leadership only for sroids).
Old 02-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD View Post
Cool, thanks for the info. I always thought the droids were the most useless waste of a units in the game. They could have done a lot better with the graphic/unit design for the droid units. They look like beer kegs with tiny little legs.
Indeed, I didn't say they are the most [I]exciting[I] unit to play, they just are functional. If you consider that elusive factor one could call "coolness" then archdemons, demonologists, dragons all trump the droids. Actually, aside maybe of peasants it's hard to imagine a less glamorous unit. But still they rock... It was hell for me to beat Baal two months ago on my first play, took me at least 15 attempts with different strategies... to see him go down in 7 rounds against just droids is VERY satisfying
Old 02-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

I'd like to compliment you on the very innovative strategy. In this case, only repair droids can cut it easily, they don't even need guard droids to tank for them, because no enemy will manage to drop a single stack of those, and the other one will be able to repair the first one easily. Not to mention that you can even split them in even more stacks and compensate for the enemy numbers or attacks, even if most of the enemies inflict magic damage, to which the droids are most susceptible (even with some + magic def gear on).

As for the cool units, I'd add the Black Knights. Although their usefulness has been discussed plenty of times, having them kill an enemy and wait a bit till they start laughing at their slain enemies takes the cake in my opinion
Old 02-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
I'd like to compliment you on the very innovative strategy. In this case, only repair droids can cut it easily, they don't even need guard droids to tank for them, because no enemy will manage to drop a single stack of those, and the other one will be able to repair the first one easily. Not to mention that you can even split them in even more stacks and compensate for the enemy numbers or attacks, even if most of the enemies inflict magic damage, to which the droids are most susceptible (even with some + magic def gear on).

As for the cool units, I'd add the Black Knights. Although their usefulness has been discussed plenty of times, having them kill an enemy and wait a bit till they start laughing at their slain enemies takes the cake in my opinion
Also the trolls are quite cool, shaking with laughter even when their ALLIES are slaughtered!

And thanks for the compliments, high praise...
Old 02-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

I don't know if this has been mentioned but the full power of Droids comes with-

Axe of Ice, class 3--> +7 defense, level 1-3 dwarves freeze their enemies preventiing counter attack, 10% physical damage resistance to all dwarves

Repair Droid is a level 3 dwarf unit after all, and even Guard Droids would benefit.

P.S.
Droids definitely have the best animations, although I was a bit disappointed with the ranged attack of Repair Droids, I was expecting a bolt of lightning or laser, like from Beholders, that would be so cool.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hento View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned but the full power of Droids comes with-

Axe of Ice, class 3--> +7 defense, level 1-3 dwarves freeze their enemies preventiing counter attack, 10% physical damage resistance to all dwarves

Repair Droid is a level 3 dwarf unit after all, and even Guard Droids would benefit.

P.S.
Droids definitely have the best animations, although I was a bit disappointed with the ranged attack of Repair Droids, I was expecting a bolt of lightning or laser, like from Beholders, that would be so cool.
Err.. The freeze effect might not be that useful considering that the level 3 repair droids are ranged units, and the guard droids are level 4. But you are correct, they still get +10% physical resistance.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Approved Member

and +7 defense, and when Repair Droids "melee" attack they also shock.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hento View Post
and +7 defense, and when Repair Droids "melee" attack they also shock.
Currently playing warrior on impossible, going for no-loss high-score/7-day game.

Attached is a current screenshot of my soon-to-be undead-droid build. Here, I have taken the Debir-Scarlet-Bolo-Verona-Rusty-Scarlet route.

XP items are a must, so the 2 hand of necropolis and sharks tooth should be there no matter what. KBScanner shows me having memoirs of the marshal at Montero, so I already have the tough but necessary choice of dropping the amulet of death (it's either that, or I drop the soon-to-be skull of death).

Royal Hammer is a definite shoo-in, and I wouldn't mind dropping one of the soon-to-be dress of the magess for the engineer's badge (warrior has dress/regalia slot at top-right corner slot).

So the question now is, is the Axe of Ice (class 3) better than getting Staff of the Acolyte Necromancer (+4 INT, -15% leadership of undead)? With Black Helmet (+3 DEF, -20% leadership of undead) that would be -35% to the leadership of my target units, bone dragons and black knights (would drop the black dragon and red dragon).

Also, would Horn of King Borg (yes, KBScanner shows I have all 3 of the dwarf-droid items) be better for my build than the skull of death?

SIDE NOTE:

Despite the droids' vulnerability to magic, they are still no pushovers against an all-magic enemy. Case in point, I could actually upgrade my 2 novice dresses to dress of the magesses. My guard droid stack could take out a tower in 2-3 attacks, and the repair droids (of which I have less than my leadership due to lack of supply) do more damage to the towers than the black dragon. I did the upgrade without loss despite going against 4 evil gremlins and a bunch of archmages, priests and inquisitors. Postponed the upgrade when I found out that memoirs of the marshal was at Montero.

The only problem I see with them is that there is no way to replenish them except buying more of them, so your 2 reserve slots would always be filled up with extra droids (in preparation for an increase in leadership) if you choose to get both repair and guard droids.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg warrior undead-droid build.JPG (204.9 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by loreangelicus; 02-14-2010 at 03:18 PM.